PDA

View Full Version : Room Rates

squijee
01-25-2011, 02:47 PM
The room rates on info central are less than what is being quoted for rooms on Disney's website. Are the dates for the seasons wrong also?

PopPhan
01-25-2011, 02:57 PM
What are your dates and resort type? Are you staying in a Standard or Preferred room? A quick glance shows Info Central and WDW Online to agree with each other.

faline
01-25-2011, 02:59 PM
The difference you're seeing could be due to taxes which are not included on Intercot's pricing matrix.

Rates are per room, per night. Most resorts charge an additional per night fee, if more than 2 adults are in the room. Prices and dates are subject to change. Tax not included.

Also, you could come up with a different price if you're including some other component such as park passes or dining.

CleveRocks
01-25-2011, 11:15 PM
i read squijee's post this afternoon and was dubious, just like you guys are above. So I checked it out, and squijee is correct.

I picked a resort I'm familiar with, CBR, and I picked dates which fell within one single rate "zone," August 10-14, and I did it as a room-only so that there could be no mixing in of ticket or dining plan or insurance costs.

In this example, the Info Central link for room-only pricing says CBR should cost $149 a night for a standard room (weeekday and weekend same price) during that Value season that goes from August 9 through October 1.

But then I went on the WDW website, clicked on the button for "hotel" (as opposed to "packages"), filled in the dates 8/10/11 through 8/14/11, for 2 adults, at CBR, and when I'm brought to the pricing page it lists a standard room as costing $180 per night.

So I understand squijee's question.

squijee
01-26-2011, 11:00 AM
According to WDW Pop sales tax is 12.5% that would make the room with tax 92.25 for weekday and weekend according to info central. The rates for weekends even during value season are more.

disney obsessed
01-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Boy was I surprised to see all stars going for 189 a night during our spring break!!!!! I know it is high season but when I know that I have paid 60 a night for the same room, that hurts. I guess I will need to look into another type of vacation for spring break.:(

JabberJaws
01-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Boy was I surprised to see all stars going for 189 a night during our spring break!!!!! I know it is high season but when I know that I have paid 60 a night for the same room, that hurts. I guess I will need to look into another type of vacation for spring break.:(

Yeah we went during the spring break pricing period last year (late February) and had to stay off-prop b/c the prices were so high, even for values. Got a room at a hotel right near the DTD/535 entrance to property for like $50/night and it included a full breakfast. Not as nice a hotel as WDW ones of course, but certainly not a slum and was within walking distance to the Orlando Ale House on 535, which is my absolutely favorite off-prop place to hang out.

Scrappy2
01-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Anyone know if Disney is offering bounce back offers this year?