PDA

View Full Version : Turned down a cruise

Dragongirlx
01-25-2011, 06:31 AM
I just turned down an offer of a disney cruise, how many of my fellow intercotees think I am crazy?

My mother offered to pay for myself and my twin sister to join her on a cruise in August. There are a number of reasons we turned her down.
1. Mum has mental health issues and can be quite challanging to be with (even when shes well). We would have all had to share a room and Mum can be very clingy so we would have little or no time to ourselves. This would have endded up with major arguments and proably not speaking for a long time.
2. My sister is claustraphobic and scared of the ocean so she wouldn't have done well on the trip.
3. Plan to move house this year and we really need to concentrate on that. Preparing our flat to sell, finding a new place and the actual moving is going to take a lot of time and money and we had already planned not to take a holiday this year but plan one for 2012

So who thinks I have done the right thing?

cer
01-25-2011, 07:35 AM
I think you have done the right thing.

Disney cruise or not, it sounds like it would have been more stressful than relaxing.

Ed
01-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Ruth, I feel you made the correct decision. With so many issues, real or potential, in the overall picture, you probably would not have been able to kick back and relax. And between your mum's condition and your sister's fears, sharing a small ship cabin with them is probably the last place you'd want to be.

MarkC
01-25-2011, 09:20 AM
I agree-- if it would have cost you more frustration than enjoyment, its not worth it. Plus, its not like you can up and leave when you're at sea. You're pretty much stuck for the duration. Good call.

JoDisney
01-25-2011, 09:52 AM
I totally agree with your decision.

DisneyFr33k
01-26-2011, 06:34 AM
We took a cruise with family that we didn't get along with. It totally ruined the cruise and we wished we hadn't gone.

Plan to go without your family later. It will be a blast!

Dragongirlx
01-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks guys
I am glad I said no now. There was just that little voice in my head that kept saying but it's Disney!
It's gone now and has been replaced by the voice that is planning a bigger and better trip in 2012.

DisneyFr33k
01-26-2011, 08:06 AM
It's gone now and has been replaced by the voice that is planning a bigger and better trip in 2012.

Now that's the way to think about it! Happy planning for an awesome trip in 2012!! :sail:

dtootsie42
01-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys
I am glad I said no now. There was just that little voice in my head that kept saying but it's Disney!

Thats the spirit! We canceled our cruise for many reasons but a big one was financial since we will be moving to a new home...so like you we are planning a trip for 2012!