PDA

View Full Version : Universal with a 3 year old girl

harlowandthemermaid
01-24-2011, 05:40 PM
We have a complimentary park hopper pass courtesy of my cousin who works for Universal. What will a 3 year old girl enjoy who does not like anything too dark, loud, or scary? It doesn't seem like there is much for her to do. What are the best shows/rides for that age group?

Melanie
01-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Are you guys going to Islands of Adventure Mel?

Suess Landing, the whole area, is really cute. There is a mild coaster (I thought just a bit more intense than Barnstormer) in Wizarding World. Otherwise, I'm having a really hard time thinking of what you guys could do. :unsure:

I know someone will be along with more experience than I!

harlowandthemermaid
01-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks Mel! WE are doing both. I have only been there once and not with Vivien. I figured she prob couldn't do any rides but Suess area, but it seems like there are a lot of shows on the Universal side. She actually prefers shows, characters, and parades to rides. I'd like to ride the Dudley Do-right flume, that's the only one on my must-do list! I am not a coaster/rough ride person so most of their rides do not interest me, but I do want to check out the Harry Potter area just to see what it looks like. We actually have a front of the line access pass so thankfully if it is busy we can bypass the lines:D

NanaPapa's Family
02-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi, you're right...there's a lot that excludes little ones. On the plus side, as previously mentioned, there's Seuss Landing...Caroseussel, If I Ran the Zoo, Cat in the Hat, High in the Sky People Mover, and One Fish Two Fish. IOA also has the Flight of the Hippogriff coaster and the Jurassic Park Discovery Center (you can watch dinosaurs hatch in a lab -- not scary at all.)

If you're able to hop to the Studios, there are a few more attractions. There's a live-action Barney show, Animal Planet show, Fievel's Playland, Curious George Goes To Town (my little guy would spend an entire day here), Jimmy Neutron (stationary seats), and Shrek.

magicalmom
03-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Also ET.

WDWfanatic742
03-18-2011, 04:12 PM
ET might be too loud, dark and scary for a three year old. There are plenty of periods of darkness, car horns, and other things I can't remember....