View Full Version : Mayhem in the French Quarter-Chapter 2

WDWCrazyKaren
01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Suspects:
WDWCrazyKaren
Known Aliases: Crazy, Karen

Surly McCrankyPants
Known Aliases: Cranky, Bryan
On board bus, suspects carry suspicious bags with them and cram them by their feet on bus. They sit in the front two seats. This gives me a good vantage point from the middle of the bus. There were other strange passengers on bus. The disguise I donned was a cape, round black glasses and pointy hat. I had seen others wear this same outfit at the end of October this past year and thought I would blend right in, but I was advised that I was “on the wrong bus” and “we don’t go to THAT park”. Started to get annoyed, so grabbed my nightstick and pointed it at other passengers and said “Do you really want some of this?” and automagically stopped their behavior.

Observed Crazy intently watching video (that I actually starred in some years back during my “acting” phase. Hoped to remain unsighted by suspects. They didn’t seem to notice me. Crazy then grabbed Crankys arm as soon as we passed under a big purple sign alerting them to our arrival. He smiled at Crazy and put his arm around her. I guess he must like her or something. We made two very quick stops at Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. Finally arriving at the French Quarter! Home territory will make things easier on everyone. Weather lovely. Overcast, but not -40 degrees, so Crazy and Cranky seem very happy with it. They unwedge their bags from their feet and walk into a deserted French Quarter lobby. There is no one there. There happens to be one check in clerk, so they walk up. Now, I had planned this all in advance, but Crazy didn’t know this, but she asked the super-nice check in cast member if the room had already been assigned. Lovely cast member smiled slyly (she’s a great actress!) at Crazy and said, “yes, rooms have already been assigned, and you’ve been given a refurbished room in Building 6”. Crazy seemed very happy! Cranky had made a restroom stop and walked up to Crazy who was beaming. She advised him that they had a refurbished room, and Cranky made a comment about how nice it was having a wife who knew the score. Building six, room 6221, was about a 35 second walk from the main lobby. There were no other guests around. The lovely grounds looked deserted. It was obvious from the brown grass that there had been some serious freezes recently, but it was being tended to by concerned gardeners and groundskeepers. We like to keep our city beautiful. The French Quarter is known for its quiet, peaceful loveliness, and we want to keep it that way. Suspects seem to enjoy their brief walk to their room. I had previously set up surveillance to the room, so their look of awe at this room was observed. They loved the towel Mickey (my design!) on the bed and the mouse on the bureau. Crazy looked under the mattress and inside the drawers and headboards quick. Probably checking for bugs. I’m too smart for them though. They will never find them! It’s only about noon now, and suspects are acting surprised about how the room is ready, they have a refurbished space with big queen size beds, flat screen TV, nice new vanity in the double sink area, new heavy privacy curtains and new bathroom fixtures. The room smells new and clean and they are pleased. Aha! They start opening suspicious bags! Darn it! Foiled again! It appears to be clothing and toiletries! What? Where are the damaging evidentiary items? These must be their disguises. Must be vigilant and not lose them in crowds. It appears they will probably look like everyone else around here.

Quick clean ups, costume change and bathroom trips, they walk out of their room and take the 35 second walk back to lobby to get a bus. They walked through the back door and out the front door. Cranky looks to his left and says “Look honey, an Epcot bus is just pulling in”. This makes Crazy happy and says something about this being a great omen for the trip. They board the bus with one other family of four, and make the rounds at Riverside. About 4 people get on, and they are off. About 10 minutes later, after realizing the Justin Bieber look must be very popular in Brazil, as the two boys on the bus with their mom and dad are almost clones, they arrive at Epcot. Crazy looks crazed at this point, and Cranky just laughs as he dumps her in the “guest with bags” line as he saunters through the “no bags” line. There is only one guard there, and the person in the front of the line has brought LUGGAGE with him to the park. Clothing, toiletries, hair dryers, shoes…the whole shebang! And guard must go through ENTIRE contents of bags. Item by item. It takes a copious amount of time. Crazy finally gets through line, and Cranky is wondering what the heck took so long. Crazy advises him of luggage man as they shake their heads and look around in awe once more. Crazy has a look in her eyes that makes it obvious she loves this place. The music, the sights, sounds, smells..all of it. She looks very happy. They step right into a line at Spaceship Earth. Only about 4 minutes wait brings them right in. Suspects enter time machines and punch in coordinates of “English” and “Minnesota”. Will check with Interpol to see if these have any meaning. Settle into seats happily and enjoy their trip through time very much. They laughed at paper boy facing wall, pointed at girl in go-go boots by computer, wondered if Michaelangelo will every finish that painting, smelled the fires of Rome and just simply had fun. They left Spaceship Earth and wandered over to Imagination. Knowing Soarin’ fastpasses would be gone by this time, they simply left it for later. After Imagining things with Figment and the good Doctor Nigel Channing, they wanted to check out Captain EO. After viewing, they decided that no matter how long in the tooth Honey I Shrunk the Audience was getting to be, it was still miles better than this pile of poo. Ahh, but the hairstyles made them laugh. Left Future World and wandered counter clockwise into World Showcase. Slow meander through Canada, quick peek in shops, and a Moosehead for Cranky, purchased from cast member in flannel. Love the flannel wearing Canadians. Crazy and Cranky appear a little tired. Crazy takes Advil and Sudafed. Cold and fever seems to have hit her they day before they left. She’s limping a little, and advised Cranky that her broken toes are not doing well in tennis shoes, and she will need to wear flip flops rest of week. To ease her a bit, Cranky walked to France and loudly exclaimed “Mommy Needs a Slushie” (which is almost what this report was called!). Grey Goose in hand, Crazy looks very happy. Very happy indeed. They sit and sip and watch the World pass them by. They watched a mom, grandma and little girl next to them. Mom yelled at little girl and told her she would NOT walk, she would ride in the stroller. Girl wanted to walk. Grandma then yelled at girl and told her not to step in puddle. Girl stepped in puddle (of course) and Grandma yelled about how she got the hem of her pants dirty. Called her a filthy girl and forcibly sat her in stroller and buckled her in. Cranky looked like he wanted to forcibly sit Grandma down and give her a lesson. Watched them walk away, and both mom and grandma were wearing just filthy clothes and they wondered why grandma yelled at girl. Suspects looked a bit upset.

About an hour until dinner ADR’s, so they went in to American Adventure. The Voices of Liberty made Crazy get tears in her eyes. Cranky watched and said he could not believe how good they were. They went in to theater and watched show. Cranky laughed at how they glossed over the massacre of the Native Americans (of which Cranky is a full-fledged member) and Crazy advised him of how they must Disneyfy this type of thing. Cranky called it “bunk” as the show ended. But they liked it anyway. Suspects walked over to Japan and checked in at Teppan Edo. They were seated after about a 5 minute wait. Crazy took off her right shoe as soon as they sat down. Could see even through sock that foot was swollen at the two broken toes area. Sat with a husband and wife, family of four (from Japan who spoke Japanese with the servers and chefs-so they had an advantage over the other diners) and they all enjoyed dinner. Crazy and Cranky appear quite tired at this point, and over dinner they decide to head back to the French Quarter. They catch a bus and make it back to their rooms at POFQ in under 20 minutes, and are in bed just moments later. Even though it’s only about 8:00PM, they fall asleep quickly. D.D., sorry to advise there is not much more to report from this day. Suspects made no wrong moves at all, and they enjoyed themselves in our little corner of the World.

faline
01-24-2011, 10:02 AM
What a great start! The room sounds wonderful! Sorry the broken toes are bothersome - hope this (and the cold) doesn't become more of an issue!

vizsla
01-26-2011, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
01-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Karen, sounds like you guys are having a great time (albeit being watched all the time) :D. Way cool that you received a refurbed room & you were able to take off immediately for Epcot. Apologize to cranky for us how American History sometimes slides by the heart of the matter when we re-tell the story!

Sorry you had to see the "McPleasant" family yelling at that poor girl. What a sad situation :( . . .

Hope your toes are better tomorrow . . . that still just stinks that Christmas morn had to bring this inconvenience!

Thanks for sharing, Mickey (and Karen)! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks for sharing

pdrlkr
02-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: