PDA

View Full Version : They Rearranged Everything!

mickeys_princess_mom
01-23-2011, 10:35 PM
OK, I was completely disoriented at the Emporium a couple of weeks ago! I really knew my way around in there, but they seriously did some rearranging since my trip last April! I got the hang of it pretty soon, though!
:shop: :shop:

PlutoToo
01-23-2011, 10:42 PM
FYI. MouseGears has been mostly rearranged too.

johnO
01-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Didnt notice any changes at Emporium, but we did at Mousegear.

Melanie
01-24-2011, 07:45 AM
Registers have been moved and rearranged, but generally things remain in the same place at MouseGears. It's still pretty much (when entering from the WS side entrance) kids, kitchen/gadgets, retro Epcot, then seasonal, with adult clothing/accessories to your left out that front entrance.

RBrooksC
01-25-2011, 08:17 AM
This is a typical merchandising thing. You move things around after a while so people, who are comfortable where things are, have to search again. It is done in hopes that instead making a bee-line to that "one item" the shopper has to search for it and may find something else they like.

Also, things get moved around to perhaps help the flow of the traffic in a particular store.

mickeys_princess_mom
01-25-2011, 10:29 PM
This is a typical merchandising thing. You move things around after a while so people, who are comfortable where things are, have to search again. It is done in hopes that instead making a bee-line to that "one item" the shopper has to search for it and may find something else they like.

Also, things get moved around to perhaps help the flow of the traffic in a particular store.

I do understand this, but it had been the same for quite awhile--I liked knowing where everything was. Not a bad change, just a change. :mickey:

Ed
01-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Registers have been moved and rearranged, but generally things remain in the same place at MouseGears. It's still pretty much (when entering from the WS side entrance) kids, kitchen/gadgets, retro Epcot, then seasonal, with adult clothing/accessories to your left out that front entrance.

Mel, do you realize how scary it is that you have the entire layout committed to memory? I'd be willing to bet that there are CMs who work in there that can't do that! ;)

Melanie
01-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Mel, do you realize how scary it is that you have the entire layout committed to memory? I'd be willing to bet that there are CMs who work in there that can't do that! ;)

But Ed, did you listen to our latest podcast? It's my favorite store. :D

mickeys_princess_mom
01-30-2011, 10:27 PM

Here's some more "scary" for you--that's the way I was with the Emporium! :mickey:

BellesRose
01-30-2011, 10:37 PM
I noticed a difference tonight and I rarely go to the Emporium anyways! So if I knew it was different, it was really different. And why is it so difficult to find pins in the Magic Kingdom now? I was hoping I'd find some at the Emporium but they had such a small selection for such a big store! Actually, they seemed to be lacking in all of their departments.