PDA

View Full Version : Best Buffet

disneyjo-91
01-23-2011, 04:39 PM
In your opinion what is your favorite buffet? I remember 1900 park fare and Cape May being pretty decent.

johnO
01-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Tusker House in AK is fantastic!

:mickey:

forever a child
01-23-2011, 04:59 PM
So far Boma is my favorite. Great question! :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
01-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Here's a list of the ones we've eaten at:

Cinderella's Castle - all you can eat breakfast. Wonderful food! We loved it!
Boma/Tusker House - good ethnic cuisine
Cape May - WONDERFUL sefood and dessert bar too!
O'Hana - not true buffet style, but wonderful all you can eat
Liberty Tree - again, not true buffet style, but all you can eat Thanksgiving type foods

Of the above we've eaten at, Cape May would be the one we'd do again. They had lots of variety.

One we HATE - ironically Crystal Palace (as most people love it). This restaurant is just like our local american buffet restaurants.

paragon
01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Cape May is on the top of my list.
Tusker House would be second.

AdventurerKim
01-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Cape May is my favorite!

ElenitaB
01-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Our vote would be for Boma: breakfast or dinner. :eat:

DizneyRox
01-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Tusker House breakfast is tough to beat. I also enjoy Trail's End which has some really delicious BBQ ribs and fried chicken.

But when push comes to shove, I'm usually at Epcot and it's either Biergarten or Cape May...

HoosierDisneyFan
01-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Biergarten - EPCOT

Minnie_Mouse
01-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Boma, definitely.:eat:

SBETigg
01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Boma. I'm not a fan of buffets, but I love Boma.

chefmickey3
01-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Cape May Cafe! We love it! Great variety and unusual to have a seafood buffet.

joonyer
01-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Dinner at Boma. Hands down our favorite

MarkC
01-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Cape May is awesome but for overall food, atmosphere and an overall good time I vote for Biergarten as well. If you can't enjoy that experience you just as well check out.

BigThunderFan
01-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Here is where we have tried:

Buffets:
Hollywood & Vine (lunch & dinner), ok food, not great, characters at lunch were good

Boma (dinner), excellent if you like different cuisines

Crystal Palace (breakfast), good breakfast food, good characters

Chef Mickey's (breakfast), great characters, food was a little better than CP

1900 Park Fare (breakfast), ok characters, food was merely ok except for lobster benedict (excellent)

Not buffet but all you can eat:
`Ohana (dinner), excellent food!

Whispering Canyon (breakfast & dinner), breakfast was good, dinner was fine but we are bbq people from KC, hard to please. The all you can drink milkshakes were fabulous!

Liberty Tree (dinner) very good Thanksgiving style meal plus ham and roast beef

Akershus (breakfast), very good characters and good food

sassy2000
01-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Dinner at Boma or Tusker House! Yum!!!

Fastpasssteve
01-23-2011, 11:48 PM
I love Boma for breakfast and dinner! Love!

I really feel like I'm on vacation...away from home and that which I find to be normal...it features great food with an ethnic flair. It is an delightful food adventure. Example: I hate curry dishes. However, I challenged myself to try a dish there for breakfast with sausage, egg, biscuits, peppers and curry. It turned out to be delicious!

That is the benefit of it being a buffet - you can try a little of many things. If you don't like something, you don't need to eat it to feel like you're getting your money's worth. Simply don't eat the rest of it and go get something else.

On a separate note, I love the special juice they serve there for breakfast.

There is a lot of perceived value for your money at this restaurant.

They also have many comfortable, normal foods served in grand style. On our last trip, my friend about ate her weight in the chocolate croissants they serve there. (Unless it has escaped your notice, chocolate croissants are NOT African in origin.)

Enjoy!

johnO
01-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Boma is good, but I definetly noticed a menu change and quite frankly, it just wasnt as good the second time.

moe513
01-24-2011, 06:32 PM
crystal palace

1goofyfamily
01-25-2011, 11:37 AM
For breakfast we really enjoy Crystal Palace and Akerhus in Norway and for dinner my favorite is Boma with all the options and flavors (wife loves the zebra domes) but I know the rest of my family loves Chef Mickey's and I've been known to pack it away there too.

Crow
01-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Akershus before the Princesses was my fav...not so much now. Its not really all u can eat anymore other than the cold part.
Trails End. I like it. no more buffet lunch now though i hear
Biergarten-:beer: ok. not my baf
Boma wasnt too bad but i wouldnt make a special trip there.
1900 mayb trying on next trip. Ive looked at Cape May as i walked by but havent tried it

celebrationasheley
01-25-2011, 11:51 PM
I love their chicken! Everyone loves the seafood, I am there for the chicken and cornbread! Yum!

ThanxForNoticin
01-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Without hesitation, it would be Boma for us. It's the only buffet that's a must-do at Disney. Cape May is very good, too - but the food, service, and atmosphere at Boma are consistently top-notch.

dizne4me
01-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Our favorite, hands down -- used to be Trails End Buffet - but when I was there in 10/10 I was surprised to find A la carte - I think it has really lost its charm and coziness (sp?) - Anyone know if there are any plans to return it to the true buffet style?
As of today's date, I can't think of any other buffet that has been my favorite - the only one that comes close is Liberty Tree Tavern (not true buffet -- but love the Thanksgiving food)

lovin'fl
01-27-2011, 05:01 PM
We've done Chef Mickeys, Boma, Biergarten and Cape May buffets. They were all very good. Can't go wrong with any of those. We've also done family style at 'Ohana, The Luau, Hoop Dee Do and Liberty Tree Tavern and they were good too. I've only really found 2 restaurants that we won't go back to and that is Marrakesh and Cindy's Royal Table breakfast. Another that I'd prefer not to go back to is Cap-N-Jacks (I didn't like it, but DH did). That's all our negatives out of 26 or so places we've been to at WDW. Sorry, I diverged from the main topic...best buffet. I can't pick just 1.

mook3y
01-27-2011, 06:18 PM
we have done many of the buffet's and all you can eat.

Our favorite is Boma.

Cape May is very good too.

All of them are better than the buffet at Circus Circus :sick:

brownie
01-28-2011, 11:51 AM
For breakfast, it's Cape May Cafe. For dinner, it's Hollywood & Vine.

poohbearlover15
01-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Breakfast at Crystal Palace!

Hull-onian
01-30-2011, 02:57 PM
This should have been done as poll...Then we could vote and see which place comes in first.. So far for me you can beat Cape May Cafe....I think it's excellent....

wdwnutz
01-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Ohana - dinner, my new favorite! Best service we had overall in WDW!
Chef Mickey's - dinner
Whispering Canyon - dinner skillet, all u can eat!
Boma - was my favorite, but was quite dissappointed in the food this time around!
Crystal Palace - just ok, had lousy service, but my kids love the characters...

Genie1953
01-31-2011, 01:13 AM
Crystal Palace for breakfast....hands down...best breakfast buffet in Disneyworld. We loved it!!!!

Mousemates
02-01-2011, 08:54 AM
this one is easy for us...Boma

DISFAM4EVER
02-01-2011, 10:16 AM
We love Chef Mickey's Breakfast. A must for the kids. That way we also knock out having to visit with the charecters at the Park.:mickey: Love Ohana :number1:as it is our most anticipated meal. Biergarten :beer: is a must on all of our trips. We will be trying Cape May Next week for the first time. I am looking forward to it.

DixieBri
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
I haven't had too many of the buffet dinings but Biergarten is definitely a favorite! I always get my money's worth there and the atmosphere is amazing!

Jared
02-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Boma. I'm not a fan of buffets, but I love Boma.
Completely agree. It's one of the only buffets at which I'll eat. Both meals are wonderful, but I especially love dinner. I can make a meal out of the soups, salads and desserts alone. I consider several dishes from the dinner buffet among the best on property.

I also like the breakfast at Tusker House.

jonahbear2006
02-05-2011, 11:49 AM
We have eaten at all of the buffets and family style restaurants with the exception of Hollywood and Vine. I have yet to try that. The reviews make me so nervous to book such an expensive place that is just so-so. It seems we could eat signature instead. Anyhow, all of the buffets are great! We love them the bestest of all! Tusker house is a really great breakfast venue. Goofy is so much fun and the menu is more my style than crystal palace. Chef Mickeys is probably the most mediocre of all of them, imho. I would pass it up for anything else in a heartbeat. ohana and liberty tree are wonderful! Boma is great but thats a hate it or love it place. 1900 park fare is kinda hard to dislike, however, we had one experience there where we couldnt believe we paid for that food. The other experiences were wonderful!

Genie1953
02-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Whispering Canyon (breakfast & dinner), breakfast was good, dinner was fine but we are bbq people from KC, hard to please. The all you can drink milkshakes were fabulous!

You got that right....good barbecue is hard to find once you have had Kansas City Barbecue! Nothing compares!

pigletpie
02-05-2011, 03:24 PM
We have eaten at all of the buffets and family style restaurants with the exception of Hollywood and Vine. I have yet to try that. The reviews make me so nervous to book such an expensive place that is just so-so. It seems we could eat signature instead. Anyhow, all of the buffets are great! We love them the bestest of all! Tusker house is a really great breakfast venue. Goofy is so much fun and the menu is more my style than crystal palace. Chef Mickeys is probably the most mediocre of all of them, imho. I would pass it up for anything else in a heartbeat. ohana and liberty tree are wonderful! Boma is great but thats a hate it or love it place. 1900 park fare is kinda hard to dislike, however, we had one experience there where we couldnt believe we paid for that food. The other experiences were wonderful!

If you think Chef Mickey's is mediocre, then NEVER go to Hollywood & Vine. We ended up there on a whim one evening and it was the MOST disappointing buffet we've ever encountered and WAY over priced for what it is. We will never go back to H&V. For the money we spent, we could have eaten at Brown Derby and been delighted.

Thanks for the recommendations for Tusker House, hubby & I will have to try it our next visit :mickey:

Brainiak5
02-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Cape May with Trail's End a close second for me. I've never had a bad experience with any of the buffet restaurants so its more a feeling of picking your favorite ice cream - its all good :)

We're going to try Biergarten for the first time this trip

BugeyedMuggy
02-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Boma or Trails End (in that order)

TinkerbellT421
02-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Cape may (but not for the seafood, being from NE its hard to have seafood to our standards when we are 20 minutes away to driving up to a dock and getting it fresh of a fishing shipment)

O'Hana, Im not sure if this counts in this thread seeing its not a typical "buffet-style", but being all-you-can-eat I figured I personally would count it :) Excellent food!! Plan on going again atleast once a trip now.

And 1900 Park fare for breakfast buffet was excellent.

dtootsie42
02-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Crystal Palace is our favorite. I have to say we finally went to Cape May last December and 4 out of 5 of us hated the buffet. Being from Seattle we just did not find the seafood very impressive and the desert bar that everybody has raved about was only so-so. It would be the one buffet that we would never do again.

Tigerinvestigator
02-06-2011, 12:21 AM
I agree Boma is the best imho. I think its because of the atmosphere at AKL as well as the wide variety and unique food served. I also like interacting with the chefs who explain their dishes.

Call me crazy but I also really like Crystal Palace for Dinner! We've eaten there two of our last three trips and it was fantastic both times. The meat was especially good. The kids loved eating Ratatouille as well!

RAIDER
02-06-2011, 12:44 PM
In order for me

Ohanas
Biergarten
Boma
Hollywood & Vine
Cape May
Crystal Palace

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Crystal Palace

whitney37354
02-10-2011, 09:59 AM
We had lots of buffets on our trip and they were all about the same.

Breakfast: Play n Dine @ H&V or Donald's Safari Breakfast @ Tusker House in AK

Dinner: We did CM, CP, 1900 PF none stood out

darthmacho
02-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Boma, which has the best food of all the buffets.

Crystal Palace, which has good food, but it's the atmosphere that makes me return. It's now a MK breakfast tradition.

Chef Mickey's, which has good food, but like CP, I like going for the character interaction and the chance to ride the monorail.

Hollywood and Vine, which I liked better with characters, but have enjoyed breakfast and dinner there.

Whispering Canyon, which is not officially a buffet, but we always order "family style", which amounts to the same thing, but you don't even have to get up! Restaurant-wise, this is my favorite on this list, but I ranked it last since it's not a true buffet.

tnpoohbear
02-12-2011, 02:06 PM
BOMA - absolutely for breakfast or dinner!

disneyjo-91
02-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Wow Everyone! Thanks so much for all of your replys! I was offline for awhile and was pleasantly surprised by everyone's responses:party::party::party::party:

QTPie68
02-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Boma and a close second - Tusker house.

ransam
02-23-2011, 12:38 AM
i thought for breakfast, you can't beat the crystal palace..

Genie1953
03-10-2011, 12:14 AM
i thought for breakfast, you can't beat the crystal palace..

I totally agree. We at at 4 different breakfast buffets and Crystal Palace was by far the best!

JPL
03-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Our vote would be for Boma: breakfast or dinner. :eat:
:ditto:

Although Tusker House for Breakfast is also very good and so is 1900 Park Fare :tasty: