PDA

View Full Version : A couple of various questions!

LauraSAnne
01-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Sorry for the vague Title but my husband and I leave for The World in 3 days and we'll be staying on the Monorail loop for the first time so it raised a couple of questions for us that I haven't been able to find answers to. Hopefully ya'll can help us out!:thumbsup:

--Are you able to walk from the Contemporary to the Polynesian?

--What directions do the two Monorails (Resort loop and TTC loop) run? i.e. if both are leaving Magic Kingdom, which way around the lagoon do they travel?

--I'm pretty sure it's possible but I just want to be sure; you can get to Epcot by taking a boat from DHS? We wanted to have dinner at Beaches and Cream after our day at DHS, and then head over to Epcot afterward and I just wanted to make sure we could get there that way.

Thanks in advance for your help!

faline
01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Are you able to walk from the Contemporary to the Polynesian?[/QUOTE]

No. You can walk from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom but not to the Poly. If you take the monorail to the Ticket & Transportation Center, you can walk to the Poly from there. You can also walk between the Poly and the Grand Floridian.

--What directions do the two Monorails (Resort loop and TTC loop) run? i.e. if both are leaving Magic Kingdom, which way around the lagoon do they travel?

If you take the resort monorail from the Magic Kingdom, you will stop at the Contemporary, Ticket and Transportation Center, Poly, and Grand Floridian before returning to the Magic Kingdom. If you take the express monorail from the Magic Kingdom, you will go directly to the Ticket and Transportation Center without any other stops but will travel in the opposite direction as the resort monorail.

--I'm pretty sure it's possible but I just want to be sure; you can get to Epcot by taking a boat from DHS? We wanted to have dinner at Beaches and Cream after our day at DHS, and then head over to Epcot afterward and I just wanted to make sure we could get there that way.

Yes you can. You can also walk from Disney Studios to Epcot and, often times, you will beat the boat which will make several stops along the way.

LauraSAnne
01-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Great! Thanks!

I didn't know you could walk all the way from DHS to Epcot...I thought you had to take the boat part of the way. That's good to know!

Dream'nDisney
01-23-2011, 08:22 PM
I do know you can beat the boat from BC to EPCOT, and we have done it several times; it is a pretty easy walk. However, we've never tried to walk from DHS to BC. Of course we go when it is pretty hot outside, and it is a pretty good hike. Make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes. You could to take the boat from DHS to BC, and then walk to EPCOT after dinner.

HoosierDisneyFan
01-23-2011, 08:52 PM
I walked from DHS to EPCOT during are Dec 2010 trip. I rode Toy Story Mania, ToT & RnR then walked to EPCOT and ate lunch in World Showcase.