PDA

View Full Version : Live! Extra Magic Hours @ Hollywood Studios

CaptSmee
01-22-2011, 11:47 PM
This morning we decided to try our luck with morning extra magic hours at Hollywood Studios. Waking to a chilly morning we grudgenly made our way to the studios a few minutes after 8 am (neither of us are early morning people). We hurriedly made our way to Midway Mania and got a fastpass & jumped in the standby line, which had a 30 min posted wait. The wait was fairly accurate, a little less than the 1/2 hr.

After riding we walked back to the hat & rode Great Movie ride with about a 5 min wait. Afterwards we spent some time looking at the pins at the station there. While it was still early we decided to see Little Mermaid & practically walked right into the theater. Afterwards we still had time to kill before our FP return so we did the Animation Tour & I spent some time in the art store afterwards, a fav of mine. We then were within our FP window so we returned & when we did the cast member sent us up the wheelchair entrance & never took our ticket! So we rode Mudway Mania wirh the fastest fastpass I've ever used & still had our tix to ride again later! Oh happy day!

It was about time for our lunch ADR at 50's Primetime which we haven't eaten at in quite awhile. We had a terrific lunch & the staff was extremely lively cracking several jokes & just being wonderfully silly. When we finished lunch we went over & saw Muppetvision with a short wait & caught the Indiana Jones Stuntshow. We then walked down Sunset Blvd going through the shops to the only place that seemed busy, Rockin' Rollercoaster. There was a 35 min posted wait & fastpasses for 3 hrs later, which I didn't understand so we decided to skip it & rode Towrr of Terror...where we guess what? Walked right into the pre-show room.

Since we were making such speedy time we decided to watch Beauty & the Beast show & hung out near the fountain to watch the new parade, Pixar Play. I thought the parade was kinda lame but still an improvement over Block Part Bash which I was not a fan of at all. When the parade ended we rode Midway Mania with our FP tickets again & we made our way back to our resort before 5 o'clock!

As sister was watching soaps I took a quick catnap & in the evening we hit the Magic Kingdom which was quite crowded when we got there being a Sat & having 2 Electrical Parades. The 7:00 parade was just coming down Main Street when we arrived so we jumped on the train & ride it to Frontierland where we had dinner at Pecos Bill's. Instead of watching the fireworks we re-rode Pirates which was a near walk on. While the fireworks were going off we hot footed it over to Haunted Mansion, which was a total walk on. Afterwards we went & sat by Hall of Presidents for the 2nd Electrical Parade to begin.

After the parade ended the park was emptying out quite a bit since it was a chilly evening. We rode Winnie the Pooh with about a 5 min wait & TTA before looking in the shops again on our way out of the park.

While I'm not much of a morning person the 2 times I've tried a.m. extra magic hours they have been much less crowded than p.m. I think I may give them another chance again in the future.

Good night Intercot, got to get some sleep fir Animal Kingdom & Epcot tomorrow!

DisneyorBust
01-23-2011, 05:18 AM
You are sure doing well with the wait times. And what luck with TSM! A little magic at work there perhaps? :D Enjoying your reports!

Jeff
01-23-2011, 10:15 AM
thanks for the report.:thumbsup:

forever a child
01-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Another great report. Getting kind of jealous hearing about all your walk on ride experiences! Thanks again! :thumbsup:

faline
01-23-2011, 05:35 PM
You certainly are having lots of luck at being able to walk right onto rides! How wonderful! Hope it's like that on my next trip!

KylesMom
01-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Couldn't agree more - morning EMH can be very beneficial - sounds like you really hit the jackpot at DHS today. I can't even imagine walking right into the ToT preshow! :thumbsup:

Thanks for another great report - love 'em live! :mickey:

vizsla
01-25-2011, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the report.