PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Get from A->B->C ?

tarkin
01-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Here's what we hope to accomplish on the day of our arrival next week. I'm just not sure about where/what buses to take.

1. Pop Century to Magic Kingdom to pick up Wedding Anniversary badges--->easy, resort bus to MK.

3. Richard Petty Experience---> I've been told go to the TTC and take the RPE shuttle, is this correct?

4. Studios for a quick stop at Tatooine Traders

5. Downtown Disney for 7PM ADR at Ragland Road

Anyone know what I need to do for steps 3,4 and 5? Thanks!:thumbsup:

paragon
01-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Isn't it possible to get the Anniversary Badge right at POP? If you let them know you are celebrating, they have buttons at the desk.

sassafras
01-22-2011, 05:53 PM
We were given our Anniversary buttons at our resort. Never had to go to the Magic Kingdom for that. That should cut out one stop!

tarkin
01-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Well, that's good to know! Thanks!:thumbsup:

mook3y
01-22-2011, 07:20 PM
I would not want to be late to the Richard Petty Experience and would pay for a cab to make sure I was not late.

Whenever we have a breakfast, dinner or tour reservation, we always take a cab to make sure we are not late.

Disney's transportation is usually pretty good.

But, we have had it take us just over 2 hours to go from POR to DTD to YC for dinner......

For me, I will happily pay the $13 - $18 for a cab to make sure I am early/on-time.

tarkin
01-22-2011, 09:11 PM
I should have mentioned that we're doing the 3 lap "passenger" experience so we don't have a specific time. Once done there, I guess we'd go back to the TTC and then to DHS?

trapper
01-22-2011, 09:29 PM
we have done the Richard Petty Ride Along before and yes you go to the TTC and there is a sign that you stand/sit next to and wait for the shuttle that comes around about every 20 mins or so. The sign is by the Magic Kingdom kennel. It doesn't take long to get there at all.

tarkin
01-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Great, every 20 minutes is reasonable.

Tick-Tock
01-22-2011, 11:30 PM
You can take a bus from TTC to DHS.

There are no buses direct between the parks and DTD. So you could take a bus to a resort and then the DTD bus. Or take the boat or walk to the Boardwalk resort from DHS to pick up the DTD bus.

tarkin
01-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Ok, thanks everyone that covers everything. Love this board!:number1:

tarkin
01-23-2011, 03:21 PM
You can take a bus from TTC to DHS.

There are no buses direct between the parks and DTD. So you could take a bus to a resort and then the DTD bus. Or take the boat or walk to the Boardwalk resort from DHS to pick up the DTD bus.

How long of a walk is it to the Boardwalk? Is the boat quicker? You catch it outside the Studio entrance, right?

Fastpasssteve
01-23-2011, 11:33 PM
I would take the bus from HS to Boardwalk and transfer from there to Downtown Disney.

The boat is also fun, but buses are quicker.

TikiGoddess
01-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Just to let you know, the bus that goes to DTD from the Boardwalk stops at many resorts. Swan, dolphin, boardwalk,beach club, and yacht club, DTD in that order.

I would go to the yacht club on the boat then get a bus to DTD from there.

Kathy

tarkin
01-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Are the chillier temps an issue when travelling by boat? I can't remember if it's possible to sit inside.

Tick-Tock
01-24-2011, 11:34 AM
It's an enclosed boat - the same style as the Friendship boats in Epcot. The boat dock is in front of the entrance to DHS, over to the left when you have your back to the park. The boat is very slow.

The walk isn't very long, probably about a mile. The path is to the right in front of the entrance to DHS, again when you have your back to the park.

tarkin
01-25-2011, 12:13 AM
The boat sounds intriguing as it is just my wife and I and we're trying to do different things on this trip since we are without kids. Looking forward to trying this. Thanks everyone for your advice.

BugeyedMuggy
01-25-2011, 09:48 AM
If you are doing the ride along beware if there is rain that day. We got there and the sun was shining but had to wait three hours for the track to dry because of an early morning shower. We have done this several times and without bad track conditions it takes about 2 and a half hours total including travel time.

tarkin
01-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Good to know, thanks. The one point we're trying to remember on this trip since we're "sans kids" is to go at a slower pace, so a couple hours at the track should suit us.:mickey: