PDA

View Full Version : Fish Allergy

waymickey
01-22-2011, 10:20 AM
MY DD has a major fish allergy , she can not eat anything with fish or shellfish . She reacts (not major) if she touches something that had fish on it. She got really bad hives from eating a cheese pizza that was cut by the same pizza cutter that cut a clam sauce pizza.
We are looking to stay at POP this summer but noticed they have Fish on the menu. Is there a way for me to find out if the fish is cooked with other food? We want to stay at POP over All Stars because last time we were there we did not have a magical experieince.

Dulcee
01-22-2011, 11:18 AM
I would call the resort and ask to speak with a manager. Explain your situation and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out. Disney is very accommodating with food allergies.

Its also worth mentioning when picking up orders from counter service and noting the allergy ahead of time when making a reservation at a table service location.

Better safe then itchy :)

Emme&TeddysMommy
01-22-2011, 11:34 AM
I also have a strong fish/sea food allergy. Call this number (407) 939-3463 and they will answer all the questions you and they can email you a guest allergy form. This will allow you to notify all restaurants the you have reservations at that you have an allergy. If you have any other quests please feel free to direct PM me. We have been going to Disney for years and they have always been wonderful to us!

buzznwoodysmom
01-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Both my husband and son are allergic to fish/seafood. My son is also allergic to poultry. Anytime we've made mention of these allergies anywhere in WDW they've accomodated us wonderfully. At just about all TS meals they send a chef out to our table to go over what they can and can't have. In the case of buffets they'll walk with us through the buffet pointing out what they can and can't have. And even at CS places, once we let someone know they go out of their way to insure that they don't get any contaminated foods. And often times they've made dishes for my son when there was nothing he could/would eat (he's also very picky). We are getting ready to take our 14th trip and we've yet to encouter any problems when it comes to food allergies.

waymickey
01-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Thank-you so much for the information. DD has not only a fish/shellfish allergy but nuts and fruits too. I think calling that number is a must do. I get nervous on every trip.

ElenitaB
01-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Disney takes food allergies and dietary restrictions very seriously.

As others have mentioned, note your daughter's allergies when you make ADRs for TS restaurants. When you arrive, confirm with the hotesses that they have the allergy noted on your reservation. Once you are seated, the chef will come to your table to discuss your daughter's needs. At counter service restaurants, you'll let the cashier know that your DD has an allergy and the manager will come out to talk to you. You don't mention how old your daughter is, but if isn't a baby, the chef will include her in the conversation.

Two weeks before your vacation, contact [email protected] to discuss your dining plans and needs.

I'm going to move this thread over to our "Guests with Special Needs" forum where INTERCOTees who also have allergies and dietary restrictions can offer their advice.