PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Market @ CSR

HoosierDisneyFan
01-22-2011, 10:15 AM
My son & I will be going to stay at CSR for the first time during Spring Break. How does Pepper market work when you are on the DDP? Any tricks / suggestions / comments?

forever a child
01-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Someone seats you and then your "server" brings you whatever you want for drinks. You get a card and walk from station to station for your food. Your card gets stamped based on your selection. At the end of your meal you walk to the cashier and give them your stamped card and your resort card and they credit your DDP.

Be prepared for your server to tell you...that the 10% is not include in the DDP. So once you know your bill total your are just supposed to go back to your table and leave the tip.

I found the food awful, over priced and the fact that I had to tip a joke. It was a real disappointment for us as we had been looking forward to eating here too. :down:

Here is the link to my review if you are interested: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=177802

johnO
01-22-2011, 11:40 AM
We ate there back in October. We liked the food but I can agree that there isnt much need for a server. I mean, you have to get up and get your food, you might as well have a drink station there. It was a little pricey, but definetly nicer than a Value resort food court.

HoosierDisneyFan
01-23-2011, 10:52 AM
So on the DDP you get 1 item from a station? What about a dessert item?

forever a child
01-23-2011, 10:55 AM
So on the DDP you get 1 item from a station? What about a dessert item?

You get the same as you would at any other counter service. One entree, one drink and one dessert. You just have to go to a different station to get the entree and the dessert. Your card will be stamped for each item.

luvdiznee
01-26-2011, 08:06 PM
We ate there back in October. We liked the food but I can agree that there isnt much need for a server. I mean, you have to get up and get your food, you might as well have a drink station there. It was a little pricey, but definetly nicer than a Value resort food court.

I didnt get the server thing either. And the wings I had were awful. This was later in the day and you could tell they had been sitting there. Service at there shop was not good for us either. OK, I'm done. Just brings those bad memories back.

DisneyFr33k
01-27-2011, 06:13 AM
We liked the variety and food choices we made for lunch/dinner, but the breakfast options were HORRIBLE! We were catching a transfer to US and were there when it opened at 7am. No waffles, pancakes or breakfast crossants. All we could order was a greasy omlet or cereal. Very disappointed.

mickey_M_lvr
01-29-2011, 03:50 PM
OK I will be the only one here....My fam kinda likes it. Course we never sat in the dining area so we didn't have to tip. We just got our food and went outside to sit and eat. It was not that different from Pop's food court in that aspect. We ALWAYS took out food to go...meaning no pointless tip...and a nice outside dining experience.

I love CSR...I hope you have a wonderful time.

DisneyFr33k
01-30-2011, 06:58 AM
OK I will be the only one here....My fam kinda likes it. Course we never sat in the dining area so we didn't have to tip. We just got our food and went outside to sit and eat. It was not that different from Pop's food court in that aspect. We ALWAYS took out food to go...meaning no pointless tip...and a nice outside dining experience.

I love CSR...I hope you have a wonderful time.

I agree overall. Just the breakfast was a HUGE disappointment. Maybe they were working on making the waffles, pancakes and crossants.

Great tip above. A great way to avoid tipping if the weather is nice and you don't want multiple refills for drinks. We didn't mind the waiter/waitress. Actually our first visit there we had a really spunky spririted waitress that really made it a wonerful experience.