PDA

View Full Version : Spliting stay

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
01-22-2011, 08:23 AM
I know people have done this before looking for all info on the experiance.Was it a hassle moving?Does disney help with your bags?can you use concirere for check in at 2nd room? Is it worth it at all?

johnO
01-22-2011, 11:25 AM
The thing that is a hassle is you have to do it as two seperate ressies which will affect ticket prices and dining plan...

mook3y
01-22-2011, 12:37 PM
in 2007 we stayed at 3 different resorts in 13 nights during one stay.

You just contact bell services at the resort you are in and have them pick up your luggage. You need to wait for them to show up and get your luggage before you leave the room.

They will get all of your information to transfer your bags to the new resort

When you get to the new resort, you just call bell services and ask them to bring your bags to your new room.

It could take a few hours for your bags to get to the new resort.

As far as checking in with concierge - that will depend on if you are staying at club level.

Also, as stated - if you have DDP it wont transfer over. You would have to purchase at least a 1 day ticket to get DDP on the second room.

nkereina
01-22-2011, 01:31 PM
For me, I've never done it but it seems like a hassle. I like to take care of business in the beginning, and not worry about it again. I like to unpack and put things in their proper places, and not worry about it again until I leave. I'm not in my room enough to take time away from the parks and hassle with switching resorts. I think it would be worth it if you need to do it to get a promo or if you spend a lot of time at the resort and want to switch it up and/or save money.

Dream'nDisney
01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
We have a 6 day package at the YC and found better flight rates the day before so we added one extra night. Our flight arrives late in the evening, so we thought we'd save some money and stay at a value resort that night. However, the more we thought about the hassle of checking in one resort; getting up and repacking what we unpacked the night before; loading our luggage up and moving to our new resort; and then checking in again; we decided it was worth the money and our precious vacation time to just book a one night's stay at the YC and not splitting our stay.

Disney4us2
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
I just did this in December. We stayed at All Star Movies for one night (our arrival day). Next morning had bell services bring our luggage to the front. We then took a taxi over to CBR. It was all very easy. I didn't feel like it was much of a hassle.

I packed just what we needed in one case. I didn't unpack for that one night. Didn't even open the other cases. That made the issue of packing up very simple.

We are doing this again in July/Aug. We have a two night stay at OKW and then moving to AKL for the rest of our stay. I will be doing the same thing again so I don't have the packing issue.

mickeys_princess_mom
01-23-2011, 10:00 PM
VERY easy! :wave:

Mousemates
01-24-2011, 04:05 PM
We do it on just about any trip that is five nights or longer and it is NO hassle at all. (At least not to us with our definition of a hassle--you can either have them transfer the luggage for you or (if you don't have a car) you can take a taxi to your new resort with luggage in tow.

We like it because we actually spend quite a bit of time exploring the resorts and enjoying the amenities. Our best expeirence was a split stay between the WL and GF...very different resorts with very different feels...it made it feel like we got two vacations instead of one.