PDA

View Full Version : Ponchos for kids

Buttercup
01-21-2011, 08:29 PM
The other thread about ponchos had me wondering.

Would the kid-size ponchos be okay for a 3 year old? I'm pretty sure they'd be okay for my 6 year old since he's pretty tall, but I'm wondering about the younger one.

Also, can you buy them at a resort, or just inside the parks on a rainy day? My husband and I still have our yellow ones from years ago in really good condition, but the kids are always jealous of us at the parks on rainy days so I was thinking of getting the kid-sized ones on our next trip.

finaldynasty
01-21-2011, 09:52 PM
I think the kids size would be fine. However, my advice would be to purchase colored ponchos from a dollar store or family dollar and keep the extra $ for souvenirs.

Darbylew
01-22-2011, 04:29 PM
I think the ponchos will be fine for a 3 year old.
They don't have the yellow ones anymore all
they have now are clear ones with Mickey on
them which I think is for safety as you can see
your child better. We have the ones from the
park and have used ours for years. They have
held up very well. We also use them to sit on
while waiting for the parade to start. :D

Buttercup
01-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Oh I know they've got the clear ones now -- but we still have our old yellow ones from 8 or 9 years ago since they've held up so well for us! That's why I'm thinking of getting the kids the Mickey ones so they'll hopefully last long too. The ones from the dollar store never last for me.
Good to know on the sizes - thanks!

minnie-mouse
01-29-2011, 01:26 PM
You can buy the ponchos kid size in walmart for really cheap and if its too long, just cut it to size with scissors.

Auroring Good Time
03-09-2011, 01:10 PM
When my son was 3, the poncho was a little long so we just tied the sides in a knot.
I also did see some special kids ponchos at Disney. They were a little more money (don't remember how much) but they did have a Minnie one that was very cute.