PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies

big blue and hairy
01-21-2011, 06:00 PM
When the heck are they going to refur this resort? They built and refurbed Pop Century without touching Movies. Music and Sports are so much nicer than Movies now, it doesn't even seem to be worth as much to stay there!

:sulley:

forever a child
01-21-2011, 06:33 PM
I agree, it is well overdo for a serious refurbishment! :shake:

KylesMom
01-21-2011, 08:59 PM
I have to think that it will be when the Animation resort opens. The theming, while not exactly the same, will be similar - and will funnel some of the guests away from ASMovies to get the job done.

johnO
01-22-2011, 11:29 AM
The last time we stayed at Movies I really noticed some problems with cleanliness. The room was worn and dirty. I actually saw cobb webbs above the drink station and could not believe my eyes. We ate in the food court and due to the unkempt state, did not return. CM's were actually stepping over trash on the floor in the dinning area. I could not believe it.

big blue and hairy
01-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Anybody got any info?

:sulley:

chrim
01-30-2011, 03:55 AM
It seems like this thread is mixing cleanliness and renovations. Spider webs and trash in the ASMo food court are unacceptable and a sign of poor cleanliness. I certainly hope that improves soon.

As for renovations, I am actually slightly happy ASMo has not been renovated. You see, I think the Sports and Music, while nice in many ways, lost some of their theme in the latest renovations. I like the idea of new carpet, drapes, chests of drawers, etc. but I don't like that the new chests have less storage space than the old units or that some of the special items (like the light fixtures over the table) are gone. For example, I really like the popcorn box light in the rooms at the ASMo resort. In a similar fashion, All-Star Sports rooms had megaphone light fixtures, but they were replaced with a generic star.

I think the ASMo is one of the better themed resorts (I especially like the film, complete with sprocket holes, used for railings outside the rooms and for the tile work in the bathrooms.

While all hotels need to be refreshed from time to time, I wonder if WDW management sees the ASMo as a bit of a cash cow and is thus reluctant to close rooms (and lose the revenue) while it is still probably the most popular of the value resorts. Heck, it seems to have the highest percentage of the higher priced preferred location rooms of all the value resorts. (I don't think that is as much a function of resort layout as it is a function of being able to charge a premium and still have people pay to stay there.)

grumpydude
01-30-2011, 11:11 PM
although ASM is in need of an up-grade, it is still a decent resort.:mickey: