PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party

wildernesslady
01-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Is this party worth it? We are traveling with a party of 9 and thought this would be a great idea for the last night of our trip. How is the fireworks viewing? We do not have any dinner reservations that night so we may be hungry. Any thoughts?

Strmchsr
01-21-2011, 06:18 PM
It's worth it if you really love the fireworks. You have a great view without having to wait in line or camp out an hour before. The desserts are also pretty good. They are served in very small portions, but its a buffet so you can get what you want. If fireworks are take it or leave it for you, then it's not worth it.

dizneygirl
01-21-2011, 06:34 PM
I have tried endlessly to get in ANY night of our week vacation in April and there are no openings. I've even tried random nights in February and may just out of curiosity....I have yet to see an opening on the online reservations for it. :(

KylesMom
01-21-2011, 08:36 PM
I have tried endlessly to get in ANY night of our week vacation in April and there are no openings. I've even tried random nights in February and may just out of curiosity....I have yet to see an opening on the online reservations for it. :(

Have you tried calling the dining line? One thing I've recently found is that sometimes the online reservation system is blocking out dates, but the live operators have reservations (Fantasmic! dinner package & LeCellier come to mind). I'd give it a try.

As far as the actual event, it sounds really neat & many reports have come back positive. However, it's really tough for us spend the $ for the three of us to try it during peak dining prices in July!

wdw dude
01-21-2011, 09:33 PM
My sister did this for me as a birthday surprise and I really enjoyed it. I liked that the items were small so you could try a lot of things. I'm a big cannoli fan so the minis that they had were right up my alley. There were lots of different things to try along with coffee, hot tea, milk, and lemonade. If you like milk, get what you want early because it goes fast and they didn't put more out once it was gone.

Be sure to go hungry. Unfortunately, we went to all-you-can-eat Tusker House before the party so maybe I could have really done some damage if I wasn't already so full!

The fireworks view was really good, but people lined up against the wall in front. You have to stake out a position ahead of time.

I enjoyed it. It was a nice birthday surprise.

:mickey:

wildernesslady
01-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the tips. I booked it. I love Wishes. Our time is 8:10. Does that seem like enough time to get in and get settled? I'm glad we do not have a dinner scheduled that evening. It sounds like alot of sweets.

Minnie_Mouse
01-23-2011, 07:59 PM
We actually had the fireworks dessert party for our last night aswell. it was very good, and we had 6 people in our party. some of the tables are under a roof so you can't see, but you can just walk right up to the edge and still get a great view of the fireworks. the desserts were very good, but they started taking them away too fast...and if you leave your table to get a picture, or a better view of the fireworks, and you leave your food on the table, the servers will clean it up, just letting you know. But the over all experience for us was fantastic! Btw, Tinker Bell flies right over your head! I thought that was pretty cool!:fworks:

sacandjac
01-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Do they have this on special party nights?

Magic Smiles
02-05-2011, 07:54 AM
I just booked last night for 3 May. There were openings for every night that I checked during our vacation 2 -18 May, except for our 1st night the 2nd. Wasn't sure if I was going to book or not, but certainly happy now that I did after reading this thread.
We did the dessert package for the Fantasmic show in Disneyland in 2009. It was expensive but the desserts were amazing, small but LOTS of food in our dessert box. This will be even better as I will be able to pick out my favorites :blush:

jimsgal05
02-05-2011, 09:13 AM
okay ..fom other post i read. food is good but people stand and it is nice but... This is just my person suggestion....before the firworks goto main street bakery pick out some yummy treats..now if you are on a dining plan use your snacks credits... then get a frozen drink or dole whip snack credit...then walk to the outside of the park take aboat ride to Poly and goto the beaches and watch the fireworks from there ..you don't have to be a quest..it is a totally different view of the "kingdom" but also much more magical the atmospher around you and really neat looking then with the fireworks you still here the music because it is piped in.....WOW
we were going to do the desserts then I realized...hey wait..ploy!!!getting me some cheesecake and fudge and dole whip!