PDA

View Full Version : Corralled Characters?

Drachengeist
01-21-2011, 03:56 PM
I just read an article about park characters being restricted to single locations for photopass purposes? I know that the meet and greets are your best shot at running into them but this would be pure money grab?

How much veracity to this story? Real, or a slow web day trying to drum up reaction?

Melanie
01-21-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm going to move this down to our Disneyland forums, as this pertains to the procedures at Disneyland Resort. It's pretty much this way at WDW already.

I heard about this yesterday, but also saw that Disney was denying it, so not sure of the truth.

Disney4us2
01-22-2011, 11:15 PM
I was at Disneyland today and saw what is going on. There are several character locations. Each with a photopass photographer. They don't force you to purchace any pictures.

I had my pic with Clarabell the cow. I got to use my own camera, so it is mot just photopass pictures only. Today's theme was country/western. There were stage shows, food carts, arts/crafts areas. Next week is the rare characters. I also had something that DL doesn't usually have. Apple churros. It was pretty good, smelled like a hot apple pie.

This will be running in the Big Thunder Ranch area for a total of 5 weeks. I missed the first week. It is only on the weekends, and each week is a different theme. I really liked this as that area (where Hunchback used to be) is just an un-used area.

Can't wait to see what next week brings. Next weeks churros are Bavarian Creme.:mickey:

Disney4us2
01-30-2011, 09:53 PM
This weekend's characters were the Fan's Favorites.

There was Snow White and the 7 dwarfs, King Louie and Balloo from Jungle Book, Horace Horsecollar and Clarabell. Donald and Daisy were also out as well. Others that we got pics with were the bears from Country Bear Jamboree and Esmeralda, Clopin and Frollo from Hunchback.

It started drizzling and DD was getting grumpy, so we missed the other characters.

This weeks churro was Bavarian Creme, next week chocolate churro's.... yum

Can't wait to see who is out next weekend.

Disney4us2
01-31-2011, 12:09 PM
I forgot.... Captain Hook, Smee and Wendy were also there. Smee is the only one I haven't seen for character greetings.