PDA

View Full Version : Live! The greatest day at Epcot ever!

CaptSmee
01-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Me & my sister arrived in Orlando early this morning for her annual birthday celebration. After taking Magical Express to the Wilderness Lodge we promptly used on-line check in (which saved us no time) & headed over to our lunch ADR at Whispering Canyon. We had a nice meal to start the day with a lively server who brought me a half gallon jug of soda after I quickly polished off my first Diet Coke. Our room was ready at check in so we went to it to freshen up and then headed to Epcot for the day. The second we hit the bus station sn Epcot bus pulled up a sure good omen.

We ended up making it to Epcot around 1:30. We rode Spaceship Earth, walked right on. We then perused the pin station a bit to see what's come out new before we decided to try our luck on Soarin'. Much to our surprise there were fastpasses available for about an hour later so we got our tix & went on our merry way riding Figment, seeing Captain EO before going back & riding Soarin'. Afterwards we then rode Living With the Land & The Seas. We were able to catch the end of a dolphin training session while we were in the aquarium. We them decided to crossover to the other side of Future World hitting Club Cool & Mousegear on our way to ride Mission Space. After that we rode Ellen & grabbed ourselves a snack to gather our thoughts because it was blowing our minds that the longest we waited for anything was 5 minutes. We had an ADR for 8:00 & almost 2 hrs to kill. We decided to spend some time in Innoventions & saw Stormstruck. We then decided to just start working our way to World Showcase walking past Test Track & looked at the standby sign stunned with a standby wait posted of 5 minutes, so we decided to ride it & ended up walking right on.

After Test Track we walked up to Nirway & rode Maelstrom then hit the Mexico Pavilion & rode Gran Fiesta Tour. Like the rest of the day when we exited the ride it was exactly time to walk across the street to La Hacienda de San Angel for a perfectly timed 8:00 ADR to catch Illuminations from the restaurant. It was our first time eating at this fantastic new restaurant that is now one of my favorites around. The food was incredible. The margarita was incredible. The empanada fir desert was incredible. The view for Illuminations was incredible.

Hopefully the rest of our trips as great as today was. I'll let you know after we hit Magic Kingdom tomorrow with rain in the forecast.

Melanie
01-21-2011, 07:39 AM
GREAT day! We really liked the new restaurant in Mexico as well. Yes, hope the rest of your days are just as easy and fun!

faline
01-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Wow! Such perfect timing for everything! Certainly, there must have been no crowds to be able to walk on everything like that! It was like you had a full day in the parks even though it was after lunch before you arrived!

Daisy'sMom
01-21-2011, 09:27 AM
What a wonderful day! No wait, and sharing a great time with your sister. Enjoy your stay!:mickey:

SBETigg
01-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Awesome day, great start! Even right down to the end of the day. La Hacienda sounds good. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

KylesMom
01-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Wow - with the recent reports of high crowds and long waits, I'm excited for you that it turned out to be a perfect day. I hope they continue!

Tell your sister Happy Birthday from us all at INTERCOT! :mickey:

CaptSmee
01-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Wow - with the recent reports of high crowds and long waits, I'm excited for you that it turned out to be a perfect day. I hope they continue!

Tell your sister Happy Birthday from us all at INTERCOT! :mickey:

We usually come 3 times per year for a week at various times of the year so I'm pretty familiar with crowds & the past 2 days are the least crowded I've EVER seen!

DisneyorBust
01-23-2011, 05:21 AM
Nice way to start your vacation low crowds and short wait times! Good to read that you enjoyed your dining experience at La Hacienda, it's on our short list of restaurants to try, I can't wait!