PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Work

BrerEmma
01-20-2011, 07:43 PM
The other night I was driving by the Wilderness Lodge and I saw them working on the Epcot Monorail line. They were pouring cement into wooden forms. These look like new monorail support pillars. Does anybody have any idea what they are for? I think it might be part of a spur line.

DizneyRox
01-20-2011, 08:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I thought I read somewhere about needing to put a service vehicle somewhere on the Epcot line. Otherwise, I think they need to pull it from the barn and there are a ton of switches necessary to get it out there.

We know the potential of a bad switch...

Polynesian Dweller
01-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Just a short spur to put the tractor on as Dizneyrox says. That should greatly reduce the downtime when there is a problem on the Epcot line.

Monorail_Red
02-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Right. It takes a long time to get a work tractor from the maintenance area to the mainlines. So they're just going to have one there for ease of access and quicker response times.

TheRustyScupper
02-05-2011, 03:37 AM
. . . I read somewhere about needing to put a service vehicle somewhere on the Epcot line . . .

Just a short spur to put the tractor on as Dizneyrox says.

And, I thought it was the monorail to ALL the resorts and ALL the parks the bus drivers have been talking about.

PopPhan
02-05-2011, 11:46 AM
And, I thought it was the monorail to ALL the resorts and ALL the parks the bus drivers have been talking about.

Now, now, Rusty!! You know it's not nice to get the rumors stirred up!! :D

TheRustyScupper
02-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Now, now, Rusty!! You know it's not nice to get the rumors stirred up!!

How can it possibly be a rumor if it came from a WDW bus driver?

garymacd
02-06-2011, 01:56 PM
How can it possibly be a rumor if it came from a WDW bus driver?

It's true?!?

Oh, Joy! Rapture!

ransam
02-20-2011, 10:38 PM
it wouild be awesome if the added more monorail destiniations...

TheRustyScupper
02-21-2011, 10:48 AM
it wouild be awesome if the added more monorail destiniations...

1) Sorry of you have been misled by the postings.
2) There are LONG standing rumors about more monorail.
3) other than a maintenance spur, NONE IS PLANNED.
4) It has gotten to the point of being a running gaga.
5) Plus, bus drivers always seem to mention rumors.
6) Most of which are not true.

7) So, when you hear about bus driver predictions or monorails, take them as jokes.