PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Completely Unexpected Mommy & Me Weekend Part 3

Beach Club Babe
01-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Our flight home is at 3:30 PM, so that leaves us a little more time to play.

Hallie was up quite early this morning, so rather than linger in the room, I got up and showered, delivered the bags to the car, and checked in for my flight. Still just a bit too early to head to the park, we had breakfast in the food court before meandering through the shop and then out to wait for a bus.

I had given some thought to returning to Epcot, but there were only a few things that we had not done already, so I began trying to decide between the Studios, or Animal Kingdom. In the end the Studios won out since there was not much for us both to do, and I ddin't have much time anyway. As soon as we lined up for the bus, one arrived. Thus, we arrived incredibly early still, as there was 1/2 hour to go until opening. We stood and cheered on the marathoners as they exited the park and made their way to Epcot.

When the gates opened, we headed straight for the Toy Story Mania FP kiosks. As usual, I chose the wrong line, and while people came and went, there I stood behind the guy who was getting over 100 fps for a tour group!:mad: With the fastpass finally in hand, I decided to ride standby as it was only posting a 20 minute wait. In reality, it was really only about a five minute wait. We then walked right onto Great Movie Ride, then just meandered around the backlot waiting for the fp window to open. We cheered for some more marathoners and some of the runners were loving Hallie with her fists pumping in the air!

After we rode TSM for the second time, we made our way out of the park. I still had some time left, so I opted to take a bus to the TTC and then the monorail to Epcot. Once at Epcot we entered to go get some lunch at the Electric Umbrella. I was not feeling the Pop Food Court again. We definitely needed to head back for our car now. As quickly and unexpectedly as we had arrived, we were now driving back to the airport, and would soon be back in frigid PA. I returned the car no problem and they credited back the deposit to Courtney's card. I had consolidated the bags down to one, so I would not have to check any and got Hallie's boarding pass. The lines for security were out of this world and did not move much at all. When I went through, I had to be pulled aside and have my palms swabbed, then I was cleared to get my things and make the way to the gate. We were not there but a few minutes before boarding began. Flight was on time, and although we hit a bit of turbulence over the Carolinas, it was pretty much uneventful. My car was brought over in short order, and I was back home in just under 2 hours.

DisneyorBust
01-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Nice ending to your quick get-away vacation, I sure like to spend at least part of my last day in one of the parks. It was great to read just how much your daughter was enjoying this trip and the marathon participants reaction to her fist pumps! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

faline
01-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Getting through security at Orlando airport always seems to be such a chore!

You and Hallie had such a wonderful, unexpected trip to Dsiney!

slegrant
01-20-2011, 06:31 PM
So Glad you had fun! Thanks for the report:mickey:

DizNee143
01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
another great day..glad you were able to squeeze in some more play time before you had to go home..:mickey:
why in the world did your hands need to be swabbed?

KylesMom
01-21-2011, 12:22 PM
How wonderful to have some one-on-one time with Hallie this trip. Does it get any easier to say goodbye to Courtney, though? Hopefully you'll see her again in a few short months!

why in the world did your hands need to be swabbed? Same thing happened to me last Orlando trip - I think they are looking for chemical residue which would be used to make or show you handled explosive devices.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-21-2011, 01:26 PM
nice short trip

vizsla
01-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the report.

RedSoxFan
01-22-2011, 12:44 PM
I enjoyed your quick get a way reports. So nice to spend some time with just Hallie. I, too, had to have my hands swabbed at the airport in December. Not sure why --- anyone know why this was done?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-23-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm glad everything worked out with your daughter at school and that you had such a fun filled trip.

princessgirls
01-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Loved your reports Heather, and your time with Hallie, as you know they grow up way to fast!!!!
Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
02-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

January-2007
02-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks for reporting.

IloveJack
02-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Loved reading your report. I hope I can have some unexpected trips in the future. Thanks for sharing!