PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Yak & Yeti sit-down restaurant?

Granny Jill A
01-20-2011, 04:16 PM
My daughter and I tried Yak & Yeti on our last trip, and were surprised at how EXPENSIVE the table service restaurant was. We shared the Dim Sum Basket - Pork pot stickers, shrimp siu mai, cha su bao, and pork sie mai steamed on a banana leaf, soy lime dipping sauce for $13.99, and I added House Stir Fried Vegetables for $4.99.

The dim sum basket was DELICIOUS, but I was underwhelmed by the stir fried veggies. They were pretty tasteless and very chewy. My daughter had the fried rice which I tasted. Again, not much flavor.

That said, the restaurant is charming, the servers were charming, the prices were less so.

What was your experience?

Disney4us2
01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
We were there for lunch in early December. I didn't have an ADR, but was able to be seated right away, upsatairs. I used the dining plan for this meal since I cancelled out a TS meal the day before.

I love this restaurant. I can't wait to go back. Loved the decor. The food was fantastic... I had the steak and shrimp, DD had the 1/2 roasted duck. We both had the fried cream cheese wontons for dessert. Our server was very good, never had to ask for a refill. This turned out to be one of our favorite meals. Yak & Yeti is now on our must do list.:thumbsup:

WishingStar2006
01-20-2011, 04:37 PM
It is very pricey...especially if you are going for lunch (the menu is the same for lunch and dinner) but is SOOOO worth it in my opinion. We are always on the dining plan and this is a preferred TS location for us. I recommend it highly. The pot stickers are great, the lettuce wraps are wonderful, and I almost always have the steak and shrimp with jasmine rice....YUMMY!!!!! I would recommend it highly!!!!

AllDisney
01-20-2011, 04:40 PM
We have eaten there and loved it. The food was very good. Can't remember what we got, but we liked it very much & will plan on making a return visit.

Going2HeavenRU
01-20-2011, 04:56 PM
I love Yak N Yeti too. I had their BBQ ribs which were fantastic. I didn't care much for the cole slaw that comes with it but the ribs are enough of a meal by themselves. We are heading back there again in Nov.

faline
01-20-2011, 06:22 PM
We ate there once and was underwhelmed. I think I'll need to try it at least once more to see if I find what others have raved about.

Donald
01-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Loved It! Loved the Duck! (Sorry Donald!;))

wildernesslady
01-20-2011, 07:50 PM
We enjoyed our meals there. We had the free dining plan and loved the price.

HoosierDisneyFan
01-20-2011, 08:36 PM
We generally use DDP for TS returants but when we ate at Y&Y we paid out of pocket and I agree it seemed expensive. They did give a 10% discount as an Annuial Passholder (which was nice).

SBETigg
01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I thought it was good and worth a revisit, but not great and it doesn't make my must-do list. My kids liked it a lot more than I did. I had a steak and shrimp dish. I prefer the AKL restaurants (Sanaa, a new favorite) and try to add time to dine there during my AK days. The prices met my expectation and didn't really surprise me.

Crow
01-20-2011, 09:42 PM
I liked it the 2 times i ate there. I dont eat at AK too much, only here & Flame Tree so far.
If your in AK id recommend it, but not for a special trip just to eat there

SurferStitch
01-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Worth every OOP penny!!
:thumbsup:

We love it!!

Fastpasssteve
01-21-2011, 12:56 AM
Don't know why, but I just love their pork egg rolls. Yum. Their lo mein is also delicious.

luvdiznee
01-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Loved It! Loved the Duck! (Sorry Donald!;))

:laughing::funny:

KylesMom
01-21-2011, 11:41 AM
We ate here for lunch in 2009. While we thought it was good, we didn't feel it was worth the $85 (with 10% A/P discount, a beer for DH and I, no dessert & a decent tip) for lunch. We won't be going back anytime soon - we thought it was very overpriced for what we received. Typically a standard lunch TS (not buffet) runs our family $50 or thereabouts for an entree each & a few :beer: with our TiW card.