PDA

View Full Version : House of Anubis on Nickolodeon

Granny Jill A
01-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Does anyone let their kids watch this show? My grandkids were telling me about this great show, and I was stunned when I sat down to watch it with them.

It's beyond horrible IMHO. Opinions?

Ian
01-21-2011, 06:46 AM
To be honest, Nickelodeon never comes on in our house at all. We stick to Disney Channel and PBS.

Granny Jill A
01-21-2011, 02:18 PM
To be honest, Nickelodeon never comes on in our house at all. We stick to Disney Channel and PBS.

It's hard to find stuff for kids that's both entertaining and safe without being preachy.
Even the Disney Channel sometimes crosses over into the "what did they say?????" category. I'm thinking of the smart-aleck way TV kids talk to adults. It's supposed to be funny, but sometimes I hear it coming out of my grandson's mouth.

magicofdisney
02-01-2011, 07:04 PM
My kids have asked to watch this show and I just don't know enough about it. What exactly did you see that you didn't like? I guess I need to look up reviews. As my kids get older, the things they want to watch are less and less enticing to me. I would keep them on Playhouse Disney forever, if I could. ;)

Ian
02-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Even the Disney Channel sometimes crosses over into the "what did they say?????" category. I'm thinking of the smart-aleck way TV kids talk to adults. It's supposed to be funny, but sometimes I hear it coming out of my grandson's mouth.Yeah, I would agree with you especially on the 'tweener shows like Suite Life, Wizards of Waverly Place, etc. There's content on there that I would much prefer my 8 year old DD not be exposed to yet.

But then again, half the time I think most of it goes over their heads anyway. I know I watched a ton of shows when I was younger that, looking at now, I definitely did not understand back then.

jennbunn
02-02-2011, 09:21 AM
i like most of the shows on nick but I do not care for this one.

amcsherr
06-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I love Nick and so does DS11, but that show is awful.