PDA

View Full Version : MCO Airside 1 - any place to get a drink?

Disney_Barbie
01-20-2011, 12:42 PM
(Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I wasn't sure exactly where to place it) I just read that Jetblue flights will now be departing from Airside 1 (bummer, we lused to LOVE airside 2, particularly Kafe Kalik)

So I was looking at the Airside 1 map & am totally confused. If you look at the "Airside Terminal Shopping Guide (PDF)" on the official MCO website it lists an "on the border" on Airside 1

But if you click on "Airside 1" under the "Shops & Resturants" Category of the main page of the website, it is not there :(

Anyone know which is right... or which will be right eventually. I'm crossing my fingers that maybe they're in the process of making one but it's not completed yet, hence the confusion. Well that's what I'm hoping for at least.

Beyond that, anyone know if/where in Airside A we can get a drink? We generally like a pre-flight cocktail, but like to do it after we've gone thru the hassle of airport security. I can't really tell from the guide if Famous Famiglia or Brioche Doree servce alcohol... one of the above maps also lists "Bar" that's all it says 'bar' anyone have any insight (sorry, not to sound like a lush, I just like my pre-flight cocktail)

Scar
01-20-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't know... but I can't for the life of me imagine that MCO in conjuntion with some operator would want to pass up an opportunity to make easy money. On a side note, I was not at all impressed with the food at that Carribean place and would prefer "On the Boarder" so hopefully it's there.

A Big Kid
01-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Yes, you can. But dont look for a Starbucks!

Disney_Barbie
01-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Yes, you can. But dont look for a Starbucks!

"Yes you can" as in you can get a drink??? Where??? Also, all the maps say there is a starbucks in Airside 1... is that not accurate???

Disney_Barbie
01-24-2011, 08:20 AM
HORAY!!!! I also posed this question on an other site, and FYI the answer I got...
"yes, there is an on the border on airside 1, it has been there since around august 2010... there's a bar and friendly staff, you'll get your pre-flight cocktail and quick service"
Swell! Now, can someone either confirm/deny a starbucks in Airside 1 ???

faline
01-24-2011, 08:43 AM
According to Orlando airport, these are the services available on Airside 1 (http://www.orlandoairports.net/concessions/shops_as1.htm)and they do list a Starbucks.