PDA

View Full Version : Espn

Sunshine1010
01-20-2011, 12:26 AM
- is it on the Dining Plan?
- do they take ADR's? (I've heard it's walk-in only)

Mickey'sIrishPAl
01-20-2011, 10:25 AM
- is it on the Dining Plan?
- do they take ADR's? (I've heard it's walk-in only)

When I went in September 2010, we had to call that morning (around 9 or 10am) to get a table reserved for the Notre Dame game that afternoon. I was hoping that Disney would now allow for ADRs since I dont believe that ESPN was on the Dining Plan last year. Ill keep my ears open and if I find anything new, I will let you know. Let me know too because I will have to bring up the ND schedule for next September to make my plans for an ADR as well.

buzznwoodysmom
01-20-2011, 10:43 AM
The only time we've ever eaten at ESPN was in November of 2009. At that time we were told that they did not take ADRs/Reservations. We did use the dining plan.

luvdiznee
01-20-2011, 10:55 AM
I didn't even realize until recently that they were open at lunch (11'ish). Thought it was just from happy hour or so on.

But how is that atmosphere for a 13 year old girl, with parents of course. If we go about lunch time. :mickey:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
01-20-2011, 12:55 PM
I didn't even realize until recently that they were open at lunch (11'ish). Thought it was just from happy hour or so on.

But how is that atmosphere for a 13 year old girl, with parents of course. If we go about lunch time. :mickey:

Not bad at all. I have been several times during college football games and there is a restaurant full of fans of teams from across the country. The atmosphere is actually kind of fun because a team will score and you hear a section of the restraurant erupt. I have never actually witnessed any problems there nor have I ever heard anyone got out of control, swearing, or yelling. I take my 9 year old son all the time and he has a blast just watching football with me. he told me last year, "Dad, you do so much for me... I GUESS I can watch a game with you." Well, thanks son. Thats big of ya!! LOL.
I highly recommend giving it a try. Nice menu for the sports fan. Like watching the game at home, but with a waiter.

KylesMom
01-20-2011, 01:54 PM

As mentioned, this is not a normal "sports bar-type" atmosphere - other than the decor and menu, of course. Very family friendly, IMO. We took DS here when he was much younger than 13 for lunch & wouldn't hesitate to do so again. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
01-20-2011, 03:00 PM
When we ate here it was during an LUS football game. Being LSU fans we were thrilled, the place was packed and loud, but not in a bad way. Anyway, we had our sons, 7 and 9 at the time, with us and we had no issues at all. I don't think you'll have any problems dining there with a 13 year old for lunch, or even for dinner. It was very family friendly.

VWL Mom
01-20-2011, 03:36 PM
I took my boys a few years back and agree that it is a family friendly atmosphere. It was in August and they even had the Little League World Series on 2 of the TV's in the dining room.

MarkC
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
We've also been there to watch different games. The nice thing is, if you want to watch a game they don't ask whether you want bar, booth, etc.-- they ask what game you want to watch and take you to that area so you have a good view of it. Get there early enough and you should be ok. Menu is limited and a little pricey, but lets face it you are paying for al the tv's and atmosphere. I think its worth it.

luvdiznee
01-20-2011, 04:05 PM
As mentioned, this is not a normal "sports bar-type" atmosphere - other than the decor and menu, of course. Very family friendly, IMO. We took DS here when he was much younger than 13 for lunch & wouldn't hesitate to do so again. :mickey:

Good to hear.

Not bad at all. I have been several times during college football games and there is a restaurant full of fans of teams from across the country. The atmosphere is actually kind of fun because a team will score and you hear a section of the restraurant erupt. I have never actually witnessed any problems there nor have I ever heard anyone got out of control, swearing, or yelling. I take my 9 year old son all the time and he has a blast just watching football with me. he told me last year, "Dad, you do so much for me... I GUESS I can watch a game with you." Well, thanks son. Thats big of ya!! LOL.
I highly recommend giving it a try. Nice menu for the sports fan. Like watching the game at home, but with a waiter.

Thank you everyone for the clarification. We definitely will be giving a try. Have been wanting to eat here for a while. :eat::marg: