PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever wonder . . .

EeyoresBestFriend
01-19-2011, 11:32 PM
about why people choose the avatar(picture) they have, the reason behind their intercot "name" or the signature quotes?
I read most of them and would love to know the reasons behind the choices.

Mine is fairly easy:
1. My avatar picture is what I imagine my soul to look like.

2. Eeyore is the coolest donkey in the world to me.

3. The tag line in my signature is my Life philosopy.

Care to enlighten me on yours?? :D

AnnaMom
01-20-2011, 12:36 AM
I just LOVE the symbol of Mickey it brings me back to my child hood! And my name is after my daughter that I never thought that I would have. Now she has falling in love with the Mouse!

retiredfigment
01-20-2011, 07:02 AM
1. I love all things Mickey, especially Sorcerer Mickey.
2. I discovered Intercot right around the time I retired after 30 years of teaching.
3. My favorite attraction at Epcot is JITI and I also had a Figment character my students used to take home to write stories with.

SBETigg
01-20-2011, 07:20 AM
SBE are my initials, and my husband's pet name for me has always been Tigger.

The Tigger picture avatar is one that I took on vacation with my family, and I like that he looks like he is presenting my words. Years ago (years already?!) INTERCOT had a fundraiser that allowed us to create our own avatar if we donated a certain amount.

I have no tagline, just my past trips, though if I did, it would say "Fortune sides with she who dares." A Virgil quote on a bracelet given me by my best friend, who passed away on Jan 1 2010 that I have adopted as my motto.

CzepielCrew
01-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Mickey Mouse will always be my favorite. He is iconic and puts a smile on my face.

Ian
01-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Dr. Doofenshmirtz just makes me laugh!

Frog
01-20-2011, 11:01 AM
loved the muppet show when i was a kid, and a seseme street watcher even earlier than that...
so Kermit was easy, and it goes along with my board name "frog". And Frog stands for
Forever Rely On God... one of my personal beliefs.

Disney4us2
01-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Bambi is one of my DD's favorite characters. She likes all the animal characters, but Bambi is still tops. I like Thumper, even had my own grey bunny named Thumper.:mickey:

Dragongirlx
01-20-2011, 11:32 AM
My two favourite characters are Stitch and Tigger.
Since I have more Tigger stuffed animals than anything else I thought it only fair to have Stitch as my picture.

IamaDisneyFan
01-20-2011, 11:42 AM
My last name is Flick...

c&d
01-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Mine are:
Avatar, favorite movie: Lady and the Tramp
C&D: my favorite characters: Chip and Dale

JessC416
02-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Pocahontas is my favorite disney movie (very unPC I know) and last time i went I tried to get a Pocahontas lithograph and they didn't have any so I figured she could be my avatar!

KeriWDE
02-18-2011, 01:05 PM
I don't have an avatar, because I am lazy and a little afraid of commitment. It took me a year to commit to using a specific URL at flickr.

My signature is simply a list of my visits to WDW and a salute to my alma mater.

My name is Keri and I'm an Auburn alumna. Our school and team battle cry is "War Eagle" D*** is often added to it.

(Since it's been in the news this week, Toomer's Corner is a very special place. I walked between those two 130 year-old oaks every day my sophmore year. I've thrown many rolls of toilet paper in those trees to celebrate victories of all kinds. The sad little man who poisoned them is just that, sad.)

Pop Centurion
02-18-2011, 07:21 PM
SHORTY - nickname I got back in high school playing basketball because i wasn't very tall & the guy who called me that couldn't remember my name. The name stuck & everyone started calling me it but not in a negative manner.

Donald avatar - Favorite character. Similar personalities.

ILoveLegos
02-19-2011, 05:21 PM
ILoveLegos - My first relavant toy. It "grew with me" from duplo blocks, to regular legos, to models to a career (engineer) to my imagination!

Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment: My first ride in EPCOT. The song & theme "grew on me". Besides one of my favorite things to say is, "You are just a figment of my imagination" - when someone is acting silly, and then I giggle.

Journey into Your Lego Imagination Center - combines both of the above interests and encourages people to visit the one themed toy store I cannot resist!

"If you can dream it, you can do it", is my favorite Walt Disney quote - but I had to put a Lego "spin" on it to make it mine!

My final disclaimer has to do with the magnificent privilege, I have just embarked upon with The Mouse!

In my dreams
02-20-2011, 03:34 PM
I choose mine because I want to move to FL and work at WDW and that's a "in your dreams...." My first avatar was from LOST ( I was an absolute LOST fanatic) and coincidentally I was LOST in my dreams for awhile:D

Marionla
02-20-2011, 08:32 PM
It is my name and it is where I live.

QTPie68
02-22-2011, 12:53 AM
Well, my screen name is just a "cutsy" name I made up and I was born in 1968.

My avatar was also part of the contribution made years ago and it is one of my DH's fav pics of me :)

Granny Jill A
02-22-2011, 02:06 PM
The Cheshire Cat is my favorite character in Alice. And, I'm a cat person as well.

My Intercot name (Granny Jill A) was a mistake I made when I first signed up. I would change it if I could.

So, that leads to my signature name..... Just Jill. Says it all.

Neat thread..... thanks for asking.

McLiberal8
02-22-2011, 02:27 PM
I love 'The Land', and especially love the old EPCOT logos. I plan to have all of them tattoo'ed down my side someday.

My signiture is simple - Walt Disney's opening speech for Disneyland (that I think well applies to WDW, as well) and my derby info! Gotta represent the man and the mouse, even in roller derby!

EpcotFan182
02-25-2011, 04:03 PM
I chose my avatar because of my love for Epcot! I'm not sure where I first heard "make every day a Disney day" but I loved it and it stuck :mickey:

lettripp
02-25-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm a wide-eyed-optimistic-singing-redhead :mickey:

Crow
02-25-2011, 09:48 PM
ive used Crow for emails etc ever since way back wen..i like the movie. the avatar is a pic of Epcot which is my fav park. my sig now reflects how many times ive stayed at each resort

IloveDisney71
02-25-2011, 10:57 PM
I picked Cinderella because she's always been my favorite princess. I just love her spirit and kind heart. :princess:
My quote is from Cinderella too but to me it also represents what Disney is all about - Dreams coming true. :pixie:
My Intercot name was easy - I really do LOVE Disney the 71 represents the year the Magic Kingdom opened and the year I was born. I get to celebrate my birthday with WDW every year. :)