PDA

View Full Version : What does preferred room mean?

johnw
01-19-2011, 02:09 AM
:mickey: Good day: We still have a bit to wait before we go to Disney World and have been reading reviews of all the Disney hotels and such and many people mention "preferred Room" in their reviews. What does it mean to get a preferred room and how much extra is it?

Thanks. John :mickey:

mamamarie
01-19-2011, 05:55 AM
I think it means closer to buses, guest services, and pools but I think it depends on the resort. I have heard that some preferred rooms and as far as standard rooms to some things.

DizneyRox
01-19-2011, 06:47 AM
It's an excuse to charge more for a room. As mentioned they can be closer to a pool, or the food court, or the busses, etc.

I believe that the resorts are designed to offer as much as possible in terms of "perks" that can be charged for. But there are always going to be some rooms that are less desireable, so Disney offers them cheaper and it helps cut off the complaints.

Guest - "Our room is SOOO far from the pool!"
CM - "Well if you paid a little more, you coul dhave stayed right by the pool."

It also gives them something to offer when there is a problem... Oh, we'll upgrade you for free to a preferred view! Makes guests happy..

cer
01-19-2011, 07:16 AM
It's $10 more per night. And for us it is worth it. We stay at Values (lately Pop) and the first time we stayed there we were so far away from the buses and the food court....it really was such a haul. There was no, "Oh I forgot something, I'll just run back and get it..." It was really far. AND after a long day at the park, it was just an insult.

Now we pay for the upgrade. I do agree with DisneyRox, though, it does make you happy to get an upgrade to a preferred room. On our very first trip as a family (at All Star Music), we did not know about such things and when we checked in, they gave us a "preferred room upgrade". We did not know enough about it to really appreciate it, but we felt special. BUT the following year when we were sooooo far away, we understood what a nice thing a preferred room location can be.

CleveRocks
01-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Just pay very close attention when you see that word, because it means slightly different things at different resorts.

But in ALL cases, it has ONLY to do with location within the resort and has NOTHING to do with amenities inside the room itself. In other words, regardless of resort, if you close the curtains and place the resort's general manager inside a guest room, he/she would have no way of knowing whether that room was a preferred room or a standard room.

LVT
01-20-2011, 02:32 PM
I fell for the preferred room once. The one we got was farther away than 3/4 of the regular rooms we'd had over time. I was annoyed.
It may get you a better room, but it is still a chance, not a certainty.

luvdiznee
01-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Is it worth it at POP.:secret: