PDA

View Full Version : CBR Pirates room worth it?

Crow
01-18-2011, 08:23 PM
just booked CBR, fiancee just saw pics of pirates themed rooms & asked if we were staying there. Is it worth the $30 or so price difference? any recent stays at CBR? been a few yrs since i stayed there

CleveRocks
01-19-2011, 07:54 AM
If you will enjoy being immersed in a Pirate theme, then it's worth it.

But keep in mind that CBR is a fairly spread out resort, and the Pirate rooms are in the village that is the farthest of all the villages from Old Port Royale, the complex that has the main pool, food court, shops, etc.

mickeys_princess_mom
01-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Have stayed and loved them! Well done! Never found the location to be a big deal. Busstops are all around. Go for it! :pirate:

Crow
01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
thanks may have to look into it more

kevinsmom29
02-10-2011, 12:22 PM
We stayed in a pirate room in 2009... My DS is 15 and he thought is was really cool.. It was right near the lake and was a short walk to the pool and food and for cocktails :marg:... we loved it...

Horizon One
02-10-2011, 12:32 PM
We did the pirate themed room last Feb.
We enjoyed the theming of the rooms.
The pirate beds were pretty nice as well as all the little touches like the carpet, table, dressers that looked like crates and the fridge that looked like a barrel.
Even the shower has the Flying Dutchman etched in the shower.
The location that we had was less than 10 minutes from the food area. I didn't find it too bad of a walk anywhere.
The bus stop was close to our room so that was nice.
One thing to keep in mind is to arrange your shuttle for your luggage earlier in the week so you get a reasonable time for your departure to the main building and your bus back to the airport.
If I was staying there again I would get a pirate room again.