PDA

View Full Version : WDW transportation options from Pop?

KeriWDE
01-18-2011, 01:32 PM
It's been a couple of years since we've been to WDW. We stayed at Pop last time and will be there again in 37 days!!!

I am wondering if there is a chart or or map or a page somewhere here or at WDW's site or another site that charts how you get from place to place.

For example, do the buses at Pop go straight to each park?

We have a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. What is the best way to get there?

What about Downtown Disney? It seems like I remember a bus from Pop that goes straight there.

What about park to park? I know the monorail connects MK and Epcot. But we are going to be splitting a day with AK and Epcot. What is the best way to make that change and make our ADR at Le Cellier (don't hate me.)

Scar
01-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I am wondering if there is a chart or or map or a page somewhere here or at WDW's site or another site that charts how you get from place to place.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp

For example, do the buses at Pop go straight to each park?

Yes.

We have a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. What is the best way to get there?

Taxi, but if it's not too early you can bus to MK and boat or monorail to GF.

What about Downtown Disney? It seems like I remember a bus from Pop that goes straight there.

Your memory is fine.

What about park to park? I know the monorail connects MK and Epcot. But we are going to be splitting a day with AK and Epcot. What is the best way to make that change and make our ADR at Le Cellier (don't hate me.)Buses run between Epcot, DHS, AK and TTC. My experience has been that they are not as frequent as resort buses. Another alternative is to take the first bus you see to BC, YC, BW, or S&D and walk to World Showcase.

CleveRocks
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
There's no such thing as "too early" to get a bus to the Magic Kingdom area. The earliest ADR at 1900 Park Fare is at 8:00 a.m. the buses start running from the resorts around 6:30 a.m.

You can take the bus from Pop Century to Magic Kingdom, and then from Magic Kingdom ride the resort monorail all the way around to Grand Floridian.

But what would be faster than the monorail is if the bus driver will drop you off at Grand Floridian rather than MK. If it is for the earliest ADR, you have at least a shot at that ... the bus drivers have the discretion to drop you off at Contemporary or Polynesian or Grand Floridian if it's early enough ... you can mention your ADR and ask the driver. But if the ADR is nearer to the time when the park is open, then the bus driver will not deviate from the route and will drive the bus ONLY to MK.

Once the park is open, however, you have a quicker route to get from the front of the MK area to GF. Instead of having to ride the monorail almost all the way around the loop, you can catch a boat from MK to GF. On the way from GF to MK, however, it will be quicker to take the monorail in that direction.

In terms of going from park to park via Disney Transport, there are buses that go in each combination directly between Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios. In other words, you can get a bus from Epcot (at the front of the park) directly to DHS and a different bus directly to AK. And from AK you can get a bus directly to Epcot and a different bus directly to DHS. And so on, in every combination.

You actually have 3 options to get between Epcot and DHS. You already know about the bus from the front of Epcot to DHS. But you can also exit Epcot near the back of the park, known as the International Gateway. You can walk from there to DHS, or take a FriendShip boat. Walking is faster, but the boat is obviously easier, as it's a roughly 1.2 mile walk.

All park-to-park transportation to and from Magic Kingdom involves the Transportation & Ticket Center. Unlike buses to and from resorts (which go to and from the MK bus area near the park entrance), park-to-park MK transportation requires the use of the TTC. You get from MK to the TTC via monorail or ferry. From there, you can change to a different monorail to go to Epcot. You can also board a bus for AK and you can board a different bus for DHS.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Just a side note

We were advised by our concierge at POFQ, that buses in the "off season" (now) begin at 7:00AM. We were at the bus stops every morning by 6:50AM, and generally didn't see a bus before 7:20AM. We were the first stop before heading to POR. If you have an ADR before 7:30 during the "off season", a cab will be about the only way you will make it on time.

CleveRocks
01-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Just a side note

We were advised by our concierge at POFQ, that buses in the "off season" (now) begin at 7:00AM. We were at the bus stops every morning by 6:50AM, and generally didn't see a bus before 7:20AM. We were the first stop before heading to POR. If you have an ADR before 7:30 during the "off season", a cab will be about the only way you will make it on time.I would suggest that the next time you're at WDW and have transportation questions, ask a bus driver, any bus driver. They'll have the real info.

Talking to real bus drivers on other boards, I get the consistent answer that buses for early breakfast ADRs start running around 6:30 a.m. However, they don't run as often as regular buses.