PDA

View Full Version : AP's Placed on Room Key

antnyh
01-18-2011, 08:56 AM
We are going for our first DVC stay this March. It is coming up really fast!! We are considering purchasing AP's and would like to know if they can simply add these to your room key while there or not. I'd hate to have to carry around another set of items. Anyone done this or know if it can be done. I know I could call member services, but I like chatting with you all here... :)

Goofy4TheWorld
01-18-2011, 09:24 AM
The following is based strictly on my reading of Intercot, I have no first hand experience attempting to put an AP on a KTTK card, even though I do own an AP.

Official Disney answer, no it cannot be done.

Unofficial answer from TheRustyScupper, yes it can be done, you just have to find a CM to do what policy prohibits but the computer will actually allow if attempted.

From a practical standpoint I can see some reasons you may not want to do this. If you try to take advantage of any benefits an AP entitles you to, such as free parking, merchandise discounts, etc. the CM will always look at your AP and confirm your identity. If your AP is on a KTTK card the CM may refuse your AP benefit because you do not appear to have an AP. In addition, every time I used the AP merchandise discount they scanned the printed bar-code on the back of the ticket, and I am not sure that a bar-code would also be printed on a KTTK card.

But if you really wanted it done, Rusty says it can be done with a little arm twisting.

VWL Mom
01-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Your AP will be a separate ticket and cannot be put on your room key. I found the easiest way to deal with it all was to get a lanyard w/pouch to hold my AP, KTTW, TIW, & some cash. That way I have them all at my finger tips.

antnyh
01-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the replies. It isn't a deal breaker or anything it just would be nice if everything could be on one card.