Sunday, January 23rd

Green Bay vs. Chicago

N.Y. Jets vs. Pittsburgh - 52 points

vicster
01-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Good Luck Everybody:

Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (pts)

Good Luck Packers Fans from a Bears Fan!!!

princessgirls
01-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Sunday, January 23rd

Green Bay vs. Chicago

N.Y. Jets vs. Pittsburgh - 52 points

JETS!!!!! YES WE CAN!!!!:thumbsup:
Chicago...Greg Olsen, hometown boy done good!! Beat the Pack!!
Enjoy everyone! IT HAS BEEN A WILD CRAZY RACE TO THE SUPERBOWL! ONE MORE WEEK!
Julie:mickey:

Missy_Mouses_Dad
01-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (35)

JanetMegan
01-18-2011, 08:02 AM
And the points race is heating up!!

1st Place-JanetMegan--165
2nd Place-barnaby--164
3rd Place-Wraith13--162
4th Place-WDWFanatic742--160
5th Place-indytraveler--159
6th Place-Jen0610 and Ruprect--158
8th Place-Missy_Mouses_Dad--156
9th Place-RAIDER--154
10th Place-Reservoir Dog--151

sillyolbear 149
Hammer 148
Ian 147
Pagan 144
gueli 141
#1Donaldfan 136

WDWfanatic742
01-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (31)

Ugh...I hate all four of these teams...

RAIDER
01-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (51 POINTS)

sillyolbear
01-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (43 POINTS)

#1donaldfan
01-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (36)

Pagan
01-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Sunday, January 23rd

Green Bay vs. Chicago

N.Y. Jets vs. Pittsburgh - 34 points

Ian
01-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Ugh...I hate all four of these teams...Me too ... Jets are the least offensive of the bunch, though, and I do like Rex (son of Buddy) Ryan so they've become my team.

The other three I simply cannot stomach. They're all among my most hated teams in the league. :ack:

Pagan
01-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Me too ... Jets are the least offensive of the bunch, though
You're being facetious, right? ;)

Missy_Mouses_Dad
01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
How could you "hate" my beloved Packers.

How about a little love for the underdog?

:number1:

WDWfanatic742
01-18-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm only going to root for them because they beat my Falcons. But in general I've never liked any of the NFC North teams besides Detroit.

JanetMegan
01-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (57-pts)

Ian
01-19-2011, 10:54 AM
You're being facetious, right? ;)No, sadly I'm being serious. I really can't stand the Packers, Bears, and Stillers and I do have a fondness for Buddy Ryan. I'll admit I'm choosing the lesser of four evils here. :thedolls:

How could you "hate" my beloved Packers.

How about a little love for the underdog?I actually used to like the Packers a little bit, but the whole Favre thing and the cheese and the "Lambeau Leap" and the ridiculous touchdown music (I Don't Wanna Work? Really???) just converted me to a hater. They're actually probably top five among my most hated NFL teams right after the Giants, Stillers, Cowboys, and Panthers.

Ruprect
01-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (52)

Pagan
01-19-2011, 12:32 PM
No, sadly I'm being serious. I really can't stand the Packers, Bears, and Stillers and I do have a fondness for Buddy Ryan. I'll admit I'm choosing the lesser of four evils here. :thedolls:
*Resisting the urge to make "only someone from Philly - the town that booed Santa Claus - would think an obnoxious trash talking team and coach were the "lesser of four evils" compared to coaches and teams that are classy" jokes.*

Wait...:razz:

Ian
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
*Resisting the urge to make "only someone from Philly - the town that booed Santa Claus - would think an obnoxious trash talking team and coach were the "lesser of four evils" compared to coaches and teams that are classy" jokes.*

Wait...:razz:Way to trot out the most tired, half-truth in the book. Kinda makes responding seem sort of pointless ... but then again ....

I mean, I guess I could root for the Dolphins instead ... oh wait ....

Pagan
01-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Of course, cause after all the Eagles played what? One more game than they did?

Woo hoo! :razz:

gueli
01-19-2011, 10:34 PM
Good Luck Everybody:

Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh
48 pts

Go Jets
:mickey:

gueli
01-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Me too ... Jets are the least offensive of the bunch, though, and I do like Rex (son of Buddy) Ryan so they've become my team.
The other three I simply cannot stomach. They're all among my most hated teams in the league. :ack:

Um - do they have to be YOUR team ?
isn't this the kiss of death ? :D

You're being facetious, right? ;)

Oh wow, a Rex Ryan hater going off on the jets, be still my heart

Nice retort :thumbsup:

Of course, cause after all the Eagles played what? One more game than they did?
Woo hoo! :razz:

Yes 1 more game. but they made it into the playoffs didnt they ? :)

You know almost nobody is giving the Jets a chance. A lot of people have talked about how Mark sanchez is going to choke.
Mostly I have remained quiet.
but a few things of note-
Rex Ryan is a master at CONTROLLING the media. almost every week he comes up with a plan to take the direct pressure off his team (and their sometimes spotty play) and focus it on him self. Both you and Ian have talked about how he may not be "the sharpest knife in the drawer". I almost have to question how those videos made it to deadspin. It certainly has focused the media attention- and many other teams fans, to attack Rex. Which by the way is one surefire way to get his players to want , not only to defend him, but also to play harder for him.

so this weekend, which could be the last time we play this season, sit back - enjoy your favorite drink :beer: and watch the Jets and the steelers play the 'game of their lives' so that one of them can play again.
I sure hope it is the Jets, because at least they get everybody talking (love/hate them), unlike certain teams that play in foxboro.

Go Jets.

good luck packers & bears.

The Reservoir Dog
01-20-2011, 03:07 AM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (53 POINTS)

Pagan
01-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Nice retort :thumbsup:
Oh wow...a Jet fan calling a weak slap at the Dolphins a "nice retort". Be still my heart. :razz:

As for the videos on Deadspin. What could you possibly question? The Ryan's had those videos readily accessible on the internet along with their *ahem* profile. There's no question whatsoever. It was a stupid move on their part. For Rex to say it's a "personal matter" is also stupid. If it's personal, don't post it on the internet, no?

And Ryan isn't a "master" at controlling anything. It doesn't take much to get the media to listen to you. Be a blowhard and they come running.

Sorry bro...I don't "hate" the Jets. I'm just bored of their act. The cockiness without ever having won anything doesn't sit well with me. Win something first, then....well....still keep your mouth shut.

I go by what Vince Lombardi says..."act like you've been there before."

And you're correct. At least the Jets do get people talking about them unlike that team that plays in Foxboro. But at least that team from Foxboro has three rings. ;)

gueli
01-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Oh wow...a Jet fan calling a weak slap at the Dolphins a "nice retort". Be still my heart. :razz:

when was the last time the dolphins made the playoffs ?

As for the videos on Deadspin. What could you possibly question? The Ryan's had those videos readily accessible on the internet along with their *ahem* profile. There's no question whatsoever. It was a stupid move on their part. For Rex to say it's a "personal matter" is also stupid. If it's personal, don't post it on the internet, no?

um, you missed my point. I do not question the video, or that it is him and his wife. What I was hinting at is ryans involvement with the release of the video...
because most people have gone- yeah, ok so what ...

And Ryan isn't a "master" at controlling anything. It doesn't take much to get the media to listen to you. Be a blowhard and they come running.

You are correct it does not take much to get the media to listen to HIM. its not about being a "blowhard".
But you keep the blinders on, i mean he is "not the sharpest knife in the drawer" (sorry I forgot the exact quote between Ian and yourself). Think about where the focus has been the last 2 years when talking about the Jets- is it on their inconsistant play ? Is it on sanchizes sometimes poor decisions ? A bad fake punt ? A sometimes porous defense ?
Or is someone getting Everyone's attention- week after week, through sometimes humorus barbs at his family or himself ? HMMM.
Have you been reading the papers, because I have. Its been about rex. 2 weeks ago it was Rex vs peyton. last week it was billicheck. Do you see it now, its still not focused on the team- its focused on the biggest target out there.
So yeah, through humor,bravado and telling the truth- he is getting his message through. he is controlling the media. He lets his players talk, his coaches talk, but the focus, more often then not is on him.

Sorry bro...I don't "hate" the Jets. I'm just bored of their act. The cockiness ...

Your kidding right ? :funny:
bored of their act ? you started in on Rex when he first got here last year. Your barbs and insults have not stopped since. you were bored when they named him head coach ?
Please, you rampant dislike of Rex ryan and any Jet who has anything to say is apparent by your comments, week after week

Wasnt it you, who in the beginning of the season was boasting about the dolphins QB being so much better then sanchez ?
Please...

And you're correct. At least the Jets do get people talking about them unlike that team that plays in Foxboro. But at least that team from Foxboro has three rings. ;)

Quite correct. And Rex Ryan has been the Jets Head coach for how long ?
oh right last year.
currently 4 & 1 in the playoffs. No he doesnt have a superbowl ring. But he has a chance to get one...:thumbsup:

and when did you start liking the patriots ?

Rock on
:beer:

Pagan
01-21-2011, 12:14 PM
LOL...enjoy the game Guels.

I'll only say this...if Ryan coached ANYONE but the Jets, you'd be saying the same things and you know it. ;)

I've gotten more than a few of my Jet fan friends to admit that. It's like anyone else, you hate them unless they're on your team.

Oh yea...and one more thing. The Dolphins aren't in the playoffs yet. They'll get there. And my QB AND Coach are 3-1 against yours since they came to NY. So what does that say? :razz:

Ian
01-21-2011, 01:01 PM
I'll only say this...if Ryan coached ANYONE but the Jets, you'd be saying the same things and you know it. ;)You don't know that ... I'm not at Jets fan at all (you know how I feel about New York in general), but I like Rex.

He's brash, but typically his team delivers. They haven't won it all yet, but A. this season isn't over yet and B. he's only in his second year and they've been to two Championship Games. That's pretty impressive.

Pagan
01-21-2011, 02:26 PM
You don't know that ... I'm not at Jets fan at all (you know how I feel about New York in general), but I like Rex.
Try thumbing through NY Papers every day for the past two years. Trust me, you'd get sick of him too. ;)

barnaby
01-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh - 38 pts

Dirty Bird Street
01-22-2011, 08:51 AM
I hope that Rex Ryan has a good Marv Levy-ish run in New York.

Hammer
01-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh - 48 pts

Wraith13
01-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (13pts)

Jen0610
01-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh (31pts)

indytraveler
01-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Green Bay @ Chicago

NY Jets @ Pittsburgh
32 pts

JanetMegan
01-24-2011, 08:44 AM
And our winner this week is sillyolbear with 2 correct and the exact points pick! Sweet!

WDWfanatic742
01-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Two things I've learned today about the Super Bowl:

1) In the last eight years, there have been eight different NFC champions. Even stranger, out of the eight teams, there have been two teams from each of the four divisions.

2) There will not be any cheerleaders on the sidelines for the first time ever in a Super Bowl. The Steelers and Packers are two of six teams that don't have a cheerleader squad.

Imagine which ends up on the front page of Yahoo :rolleyes: