PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake Tower View Questions

jensantuit
01-17-2011, 09:35 AM
We are planning our next trip "home" for September/ October 2011. We currently have reservations for our home resort of Kidani Village. We are thinking of trying to get into Bay Lake Tower at our 7 month mark . We are trying to figure out what view we should try to get. We would love to try for the Magic Kingdom view, but after reading some reviews, it seems like some lake view rooms have a Magic Kingdom view also. I was wondering what have your experiences with Bay Lake Tower been in regards to rooms and the views. Also for those who have stayed in a standard view room, were you happy with your choice? Thanks in advance. :mickey:

disney1122
01-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Bay Lake Tower is a great choice! Has an amazing location! We stayed in a two-bedroom villa on the same level of the walkway to the Contemporary Resort....we really got lucky on location.

Our view was the Magic Kingdom....off to the right space mt. and the castle, off to the left the contemporary resort and below the parking lot of the bay lake tower. I think there are only 3 views for bay lake...standard, bay lake and magic kingdom. I'm not sure what "standard" would get you.

We were extremely happy with our view. We could watch the magic kingdom fireworks from our room at night and during the day, there was alot of action as well.

The pool is great at Bay Lake, too. Overall the Bay Lake is a great resort.

If you want Magic Kingdom view, I would be specific in requesting that...not sure if the other views would give you that. I would be curious to see what others say...

Ian
01-17-2011, 10:11 AM
BLT is awesome ... far and away my favorite DVC resort.

I have to say that, as far as I can tell, there really are no bad views at BLT. You either get MK, Bay Lake, or the Contemporary.

Our room in December faced the Contemporary and it was really pretty at night.

I'd say go with whatever you can get ... you won't be disappointed!

Septbride2002
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
I've seen pictures of various "views" for bay lake and I have to agree with Ian - there really isn't a bad one. We are staying here in under a month with a bay lake view - I'm looking forward to sitting on my balcony and enjoying the soothing lake view :D

~Amanda

EpcotFan182
01-19-2011, 01:37 PM
I just stayed there this past August and I agree there is no bad view. We had a Bay Lake view but our room was smacked right in the middle so we could see the lake on the left and the Contemporary tower on the right - it was an excellent view and I agree beautiful at night! I highly recommend BLT we had a great time :mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
We paid for lake view, but had a partial MK view. We could see the fireworks from our room, too. Our room was above the tennis courts. We also enjoyed watching the 60+ hawks that hung out there.
The way I understand it, is that with an official MK view, you can get the fireworks music through your TV.

faline
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
The way I understand it, is that with an official MK view, you can get the fireworks music through your TV.

We had a lake view with a partial Magic Kingdom view and the music for the fireworks was available on our tv.

pox24
01-21-2011, 04:04 PM
We are making our third visit there next week end. My DW and I have had the Standard and MK view. This time we have a Lake View. the Standard put us on the 4th floor facing the CR. The MK view was 0n the 14th looking right at the MK. This hotel is so awesome I wouldn't mind a standard any time I go.:thumbsup: