PDA

View Full Version : Flying Dutchman?

paragon
01-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Quick question, and I think I found the answer already, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Is the Flying Dutchman still at CC? Or has it been removed?

Ed
01-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Regrettably, I understand that it has been removed from CC. :(

paragon
01-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Thats sad. We just booked a three night cruise for April, on the dream. I was hoping it would still be there. Oh well.

Catzle
01-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Yes its gone, I was surprised. I guess its in a lot of pieces. I didn't even know they were doing this. Glad we got to see it last year.

tinkman
01-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Yea! I finally get to answer a question that I know about. The flying Dutchman is still at Castaway Cay, however, it has been moved to a small inlet located to the starboard side of the cruiseline ship when it is docked. I was mostly tore apart. Much of the structural steel and the masts were laying on the shore. The ship itself looked like a derelict that had been there for years. A crewmember told me that they were refurbing it. Only time will tell.

Trev&Ev Mom
01-31-2011, 06:07 PM
We were there this past December and it was in a small inlet in back of the dock where the ship docked. There were no sails or decorations, just basically the hull of the ship. It didn't look anything like the Flying Dutchman. We didn't see anyone working on it. I hope they put it back in time for our November 2011 trip...I really wanted to see it.

Ian
02-01-2011, 08:13 AM
I was just at Castaway Cay a week ago and I can confirm that the Dutchman is gone. It's backstage somewhere and, depending on who you listen to, it's either being refurbished for your future enjoyment or dismantled.

But trust me ... you won't miss it. The island is so beautiful and there's just so much to do there that you'll completely forget you were even looking for the Dutchman!

johnO
02-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Im glad we got to see it on the last cruise but I have to agree with Ian, CC is so beautiful and there's so much to do, you wont miss it.

DisneyFr33k
02-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Why did they move it?

Ian
02-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Why did they move it?I'm not sure anyone really knows. As I mentioned, some sources say it's being dismantled and some say it's being refurbished. I can't find anything reliable to confirm one way or the other.

The most common story, though, is that it was aging badly so it's being dismantled and discarded.

DisneyFr33k
02-02-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure anyone really knows. As I mentioned, some sources say it's being dismantled and some say it's being refurbished. I can't find anything reliable to confirm one way or the other.

The most common story, though, is that it was aging badly so it's being dismantled and discarded.

Too bad. We've been there 3 times and loved seeing it. We'll miss it if we ever can afford to go back!