PDA

View Full Version : WDW Breakfast!

Plex
01-16-2011, 09:59 PM
We've decided that we want to try a sit-down breakfast on our next trip. The trouble is that we have no idea of where to go!

We're going to be going for our honeymoon on this trip, so we can't decide between something that would just be fancy and tasty, or some sort of character or theme breakfast.

So we need your suggestions! Thanks in advance!

HoosierDisneyFan
01-16-2011, 10:19 PM
The Grand Floridian Cafe has a really good breakfast and you are on the monorail line for MK!

I have also been at Chef Mickeys for breakfast. Great for kids & photos but just fair for the food.

Friend of Figment
01-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Kona Cafe for yummy food.
Crystal Palace for the magic of being in the park before it opens (and the food is goood too).

finaldynasty
01-16-2011, 10:31 PM
WIth or without kids, Ohana and Tusker House are good places to go...

Jpxv
01-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Olivia's Cafe over at Old Key West is a very good, yet overlooked choice for breakfast

luvdiznee
01-17-2011, 06:24 AM
Olivia's Cafe over at Old Key West is a very good, yet overlooked choice for breakfast

Never had them for breakfast, though have for lunch and dinner and loved the food. May give breakfast a try.:mickey:

queenmom9497
01-17-2011, 06:39 AM
Our family did Cinderella's Breakfast at the Castle and the Princess Breakfast in Epcot on the last trip. Both were terrific! The food at the Castle was better! Character interaction was great at both places. Service was great at both places.

DizneyRox
01-17-2011, 07:17 AM
Donald's Safari Breakfast is the best breakfast on property... Character or not, IMHO

TheDuckRocks
01-17-2011, 12:16 PM
For really very good food at breakfast, our 2 favorites are Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe.
Crystal Palace for the very good food and characters is our first choice.
We do go to Tusker House for the first seating and being able to get right on the safari afterwards, every so often. We haven't been overly impressed with the food and without traveling with kids always in tow the atmosphere is rather manic.

cardshopgirl
01-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Kona Cafe is our favorite breakfast!!!

1goofyfamily
01-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Everyone's gotta try the Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe along with the coffee & fresh pineapple juice you can't go wrong.
A character meal breakfast is also a fun way to start the day and we've done almost all of them but I'd go with Akershus in Norway. The theme of the restaurant is great, the food is pretty good and the Princesses interaction tops it off.

cuteduck223
01-17-2011, 10:24 PM
for breakfast, we've always loved 1900 park fare at grand floridian. It's got some different characters that you don't see around as much, and as mentioned....its on the monorail.

renecat
01-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Cape May has a good buffet and characters.
Kona if you want a great cup of coffee and good food.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-18-2011, 01:32 PM
We are trying 1900 Park Fare on our upcoming trip for the character experience....however if I was going just for the food, I would suggest Kona Cafe hands down...The coffee is great, big Kahuna and tonga toast were also hits

Granny Jill A
01-18-2011, 01:34 PM
I vote for the Kona Cafe. Wonderful location in the Poly, great service, and the food is very nice. Try the French press coffee - yummy.

Second choice would be the Grand Floridian Cafe.

trapper
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
have to vote for Kona Cafe we went on our last trip and my kids requested we go again this trip so we are!

crltkcagle
01-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Our favorite is Crystal palace for breakfast!

madi47
01-18-2011, 08:10 PM
We really enjoy the crystal palace and tusker house....both have yummy food:mickey:

Fastpasssteve
01-21-2011, 01:10 AM
For great food with an African ethnic flair, I love love love Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's a little exotic...doing adventurous things together would be great on a honeymoon.

If you are looking for Character Breakfasts, I am torn between 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian Resort which is beautiful (where one can meet Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh, and Tigger) and Tusker House located in the Animal Kingdom itself (where one can meet Donald, Daisy, Mickey & Goofy). Both of these spots had great food. We were wonderfully stuffed.

BklynChick
01-21-2011, 10:50 PM
My votes are for Kona Cafe (yes, the Tonga Toast is as good as everyone says) and 1900 Park Fare (this is a good character breakfast for adults, not as loud and busy as Chef Mickey's).

I've also heard good things about Kouzzina, but I have not had breakfast there myself (dinner was amazing!)

Hull-onian
01-23-2011, 11:39 AM
The Rainforest Cafe over at Animal Kingdom is an excellent choice for breakfast before the park opens. They have good coffee,good service, the menu choices are great. The other benefit is you can walk directly into the park right outside the RFC gift shop. There are two turnstyles to the left of the gift shop and you go right in with no crowds and no waiting. You will like it there.....:tasty:

johnO
01-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Crystal Palace is great!

ElenitaB
01-23-2011, 07:40 PM
I can vouch that Kouzzina offers a great breakfast... but so does: 'Ohana, Kona Café, Grand Floridian Café, Boma, etc.

What a nice conundrum to have! :thumbsup:

Minnie_Mouse
01-23-2011, 07:49 PM
One of our favourite places to eat at would be Chef Mickeys. another favourite would be Akurshus. hope it helps, and have a great trip.:fworks: