PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House, yes or no?

forever a child
01-15-2011, 12:25 AM
I am considering breakfast at Tusker House, what are your opinions? Who are the characters other than Donald and how was your dining experience and character interaction?

Thanks!

Disney4us2
01-15-2011, 01:56 AM
We were there on Dec. 4th for my DD's birthday. The food was typical breakfast fare, but very good. There was also more exotic Africian inspired items as well.

Donald meets you outside for a picture. They charge for the pictures and do not do Photopass for that. Inside we saw Mickey, Goofy,& Daisy. They came around to our table several times. Our server was also good, always around for refills etc.

I liked walking through the park when nobody was there. We went before park opening.

DizneyRox
01-15-2011, 06:41 AM
Tusker House has the best character breakfast on property, hands down. The variety of food is exceptional, and the food area is very spacious so you're not tripping all over people. I've found the character interaction to be top notch as well.

Donalds has always been a favorite and continues to be A meal we do several times if plans permit.

GottaLvDisney
01-15-2011, 07:32 AM
We loved the breakfast at Tusker House. In fact, we'll be doing it again this coming trip. The food was good, and I thought we had decent character interaction even though we were seated in a side room. Off the top of my head, I remember Donald, Daisy, Goofy and I believe Mickey. It's been a couple of years so I may need to refresh my memory with a quick look at our pix.

We're early risers since we have several younger kids and it was great to have an early ADR and then be able to hit a few rides without any lines. Bonus IMO :D

mickeyman42
01-15-2011, 08:19 AM
You HAVE to try Tusker House! It is my favorite breakfast (and I love breakfast) and a must-do on our trips. I love the set-up (lots of space in the buffet sections to move around and the tables in another area) and find that even though its always full, it never seems crowded IMO. We would go here without characters its that good

JenniferS.
01-15-2011, 08:41 AM
YES!! We always eat at Tusker House. They have an awesome juice they make. I think it's Jambo Juice? Not sure of the name. The buffet is very good

Assorted Cream Cheeses; Jams; Jellies, and Fruit Chutney; Yogurt Station

Fresh Fruit
Cereals
Milk

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
Scrambled Eggs
Oven-roasted Yukon Gold Potato Wedges
Bacon and Sausage Patties
Vegetable Frittata
Ham and Cheese Frittata
Spiced Corned Beef Hash
Cheese Blintzes
Beef Bobtie Quiche
Yam Casserole
Carved Rotisserie Honey-glazed Ham
Oatmeal
Mealie Pap (Porridge)

Warm Cinnamon Rolls
Warm Banana-Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Blueberry, Banana Nut and Apple Muffins
Whole-grain breads
Turnovers
Cheese-filled Danish
Apple Danish
Chocolate and Plain Croissants

It's a great place to meet Mickey!!

VWL Mom
01-15-2011, 09:57 AM
After reading such good reviews from fellow intercotees we gave it a try in November and were not disappointed. Great service & the food was tasty. Character interactions was great, especially with a special needs child at the table before us. It was quite touching.

We do the opposite of most, we go for EMH hours and then have ADR for 10:15A. I must say, the food was still very fresh and the buffet was still being stocked.

As far as the photo with Donald, I took it with my own camera and no one said anything.

forever a child
01-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Thank you everyone for the great info.:rocks: Sounds like this one is going to have to be added to our "must do" list for September.

Great to know we can take our own photo too with Donald. :thumbsup:

finaldynasty
01-15-2011, 10:12 AM
:mickey:

TUSKER is one of my families favorite. What we like is that it has an African theme and the characters are dressed like the theme. While some of the food is traditional, some is not.
Enjoy!

:mickey:

hannahandkalebmom
01-15-2011, 10:34 AM
We ate at the Tusker House for the first time in November. It was awesome food was great and characgter interaction wassome of the best. This will definately be a must do in upcoming trips to WDW. :mickey:

moe513
01-16-2011, 09:05 AM
food was very good
characters were good
over all experience was just okay. we had a bad table location and found the whole experience kind of hectic. not an adr my family even remembers

snowflakegirl
01-16-2011, 10:45 AM
we had breakfast there in August and loved it. We found the food to be very good. The quality and variety were both good. It was fun to get some non-standard buffet options. The character interaction was great (Mickey, Daisy and Goofy) at the tables and though they do charge for the photo package of your pic with Donald, the CMs handling that saw the camera in my hand and offered to take one with mine as well.

Tusker House is a definite must do for our next trip!

NJGIRL
01-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Our first time was last November for breakfast and we enjoyed it very much. Characters were great and they had the best warm banana bread pudding I have ever had. :cloud9:

luvdiznee
01-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Yes! :mickey: