PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo or Tokyo Dining?

forever a child
01-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Which is better, Teppan Edo or Tokyo Dining?

Tokyo Dining looks to have a great view of the park but it seems I have heard that Teppan Edo is really good.

I am looking for some new dining experiences for our next visit. Thanks!

Melanie
01-15-2011, 08:28 AM
They both are great, but both offer different experiences. Teppan Edo is teppanyaki style, where the chef prepares your meal in front of you on a grill. You can find restaurants throughout the country similar, but Teppan Edo is a lot of fun. It is in the back of the building though, and there are no windows.

Tokyo Dining does offer great views of World Showcase. Really though, the seating area is quite small. We love it here - the best sushi we've had since returning from living in Japan. :tasty:

markyv
01-15-2011, 10:13 AM
A vote here for Teppan Edo. We ate there on our last trip, and it was by far our best meal. I don't believe you can go wrong with Teppan Edo.

AmandaChan
01-15-2011, 10:58 AM
We've done both but its hard to compare the two because they're completely different experiences. If you are looking for a full experience/night out go the teppan edo route. I did not think the prices were too bad compared to how much a hibachi costs at home (20 something for a full meal - rice, vegs, meat, soup or salad) and our chef was great.

however if you're looking for something more laid back and a quicker meal go the tokyo dining route. the food at both were GREAT and we had no complaints but it just depends on what you're looking for as far as experience and price. TD I would say is cheaper (although not a huge difference, I remember) but you're also not getting a whole show and experience with it.

the seating and environment in both is worth the visit though.

Jpxv
01-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Teppen Edo is one of my family's must do's every trip. Great food and fun atmosphere

forever a child
01-15-2011, 11:22 AM
We've done both but its hard to compare the two because they're completely different experiences. If you are looking for a full experience/night out go the teppan edo route. I did not think the prices were too bad compared to how much a hibachi costs at home (20 something for a full meal - rice, vegs, meat, soup or salad) and our chef was great.

however if you're looking for something more laid back and a quicker meal go the tokyo dining route. the food at both were GREAT and we had no complaints but it just depends on what you're looking for as far as experience and price. TD I would say is cheaper (although not a huge difference, I remember) but you're also not getting a whole show and experience with it.

the seating and environment in both is worth the visit though.

It's a hard to decide. I love sushi and would love watching the park from the window but I think DD would really love the "show" as they prepare the food....so I am leaning towards Teppan edo.