PDA

View Full Version : Pofq ?

M Riddle
01-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Because the beds are now going to be queen size will there be room on the nightstand to put personal items? And when you open the door into the room does the door hit the bed? Plus are the two beds so close together you might as well get a king bed (LOL). Just wondering :mickey:

jlmct52
01-14-2011, 10:28 PM
There should be no problem. The difference in size from full to queen is only about 6 inches width and 6 inches length.

rubato
01-15-2011, 03:13 AM
I thought there was still plenty of room. We had our laptop on the nightstand, so there wasn't much room left. The door opens fully with lots of room to spare.

Harriet
01-15-2011, 06:49 AM
I had no problem at all still plenty of room. I like this resort as you don't have long walks to the food court but you have the plus side of being the sister resort to Riverside and a double bonus with the boat to downtown disney.:number1::marg:

Briansmom
01-15-2011, 12:23 PM
So have ALL the rooms been switched to queen beds now?

This is great news as we LOVE POFQ but always wished the beds were queensize.

nkereina
01-15-2011, 03:59 PM
So have ALL the rooms been switched to queen beds now?

This is great news as we LOVE POFQ but always wished the beds were queensize.

All the rooms that were doubles will now be queens, once the refurb is complete which is supposed to be April/May 2011. Then they will start on POR.

M Riddle
01-15-2011, 10:26 PM
I know I said I was LOL about the queen beds being so close we might as well have a king bed, but we really do like having a good sized nightstand for our drinks, eyeglasses, medicines, etc. So we are considering booking a king room. Are the king rooms also being refurbished? And if yes, will they still have two nightstands?

WDWCrazyKaren
01-18-2011, 02:04 PM
One nightstand for the queen beds. There was space for the door to open, BUT there was very little room between the wall and the bed nearest the bathroom. That is the bed we slept in (cause DH likes the nightstand next to him, and I HAVE to sleep on the right side of the bed!) and I had to shimmy between the bed and the wall to climb in. About 8 inches max! DH's foot would not fit between them (he tried!).

goofynmd
01-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Do you think the two queen beds will make it more difficult to set up a pack and play?

WDWCrazyKaren
01-19-2011, 08:30 AM
You will still have enough room for a pack n play. We were not in a corner room (which always seems to have just a bit more room, or maybe it's just perception), and I think if you moved the table and chairs back against the wall, you'll have enough room. It will have to be near the door, and near the AC/Heating unit however. I know most folks like to move the little ones away from those, but I can't see there being room anywhere else for it.