PDA

View Full Version : GF Club Level vs Yacht Club Level

javamama
01-14-2011, 07:36 PM
I've narrowed it down, and these are my choices
for our may trip this year. GF is Sugar Loaf Club Standard View, and YC is Standard View also. We've never stayed at either resort, so I'm having the hardest time deciding here. We have stayed in Club Level twice before so we know what it is all about, and the only reasons why we would be staying there this time is because it's dh's 40th, and we cannot get a DDP on the type of discount we get thru my work(almost half off the room) So this is what I thought of, we've been to both resorts and they are amazing. The big factors I see location of GF, and monorail, and YC is Stormalong Bay, and Epcot access, I know the Boardwalk is also there(but thats more for dh and I to enjoy than the kiddos at least it was before them).
My big selling point is probably the offerrings at the Clubs, we loved the offerrings at the Poly in the past, and I assume breakfast across the board is the same at all the resorts. Any info helps thanks I'm calling in the morning to book since they're closed Monday.

jmj18
01-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Have not been to GF club level...however, we stayed at the YC club level in April. I was not impressed. The resort is beautiful...but I was very disappointed with the food offerings compared to the POLY (my favorite). The lounge is VERY small and crowded. The selections seem to be pretty much the same everyday with little variety. Breakfast was always good but the rest...nothing to write home about. I also did not like that the club "closes" several times a day. You could ask at the desk for drinks but the room was locked.

Have a great time no matter what you decide!

:mickey:

DebK
01-15-2011, 07:02 AM
I've stayed at both, and prefer the GF club level.......I think the food choices are better.

TammiMcMan
01-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I've stayed at both as well and definitely prefer the GF's club level. Mainly for the reasons already given here. The YC lounge is small and only open during food service hours. They close in between for cleaning and re-setting, then close for the night promptly at 10pm. You can ask a staff member to go in and get you a drink, but you can't go in and just sit and relax. I'm an early riser and with the lounge not opening until 7am, I'd go down and sit in the lobby. They do have an outside balcony, but it overlooks the parking lot. Sugar Loaf lounge is on the ground floor and super convenient to the courtyard pool. YC lounge is up on the 5th floor, so a bit of a hike from their pool.

Standard view at the YC is not very desirable. We were there in December, so we knew we wouldn't use the balcony very much and booked standard. We looked out over the roof of the convention center and down onto where the employees took their break. The GF standard view in Sugar Loaf will either be of the marina or the courtyard pool. You can't see the castle from the marina, but a few rooms (high floor, closer to the main building) will give you an obstructed fireworks view. Sugar Loaf also has 3 lodge tower rooms that are more like studio suites. All 3 overlook the pool, with 2 having balconies. You could request one with the pre-planners, they don't cost any more, but they're subject to availability.

Food offerings vary between the two resorts:

YC
6:30 - 7am Coffee available in the hallway outside the lounge
7am - 10:30am Continental breakfast (fruit, yogurt, donuts, bagels, cold cereal)
11am - 4pm Afternoon snacks (bowls of nuts, candy, pudding, pb&j snack sandwiches)
5pm - 7pm Evening appetizers (veggie crudite, cheese & crackers, soup and hot appetizer)
8pm - 10pm Desserts and cordials

GF
6:30 - 7am Coffee available
7am - 10:30am Continental breakfast (fruit, yogurt, sliced deli meats, breads, cold cereal, oatmeal)
11am - 1pm Afternoon snacks (light salad, hummus, veggies)
2pm - 4pm Afternoon tea (cookies, trifle, scones)
5pm - 7pm Evening appetizers (individually plated appetizers, usually 2-3 different kinds)
8pm - 10pm Desserts and cordials (including champagne)