PDA

View Full Version : Roman Catholic church near disney?

phlo8810
01-14-2011, 05:32 PM
We are going the last week of Oct first week of Nov. My dad will not come unless he can get to church. In the past he has taken a cab to a church but it costs $50 a trip. This time there will be three trips he will have to make. Doies anyone know of a close church or a better way to get to one than the expensive cabs?

cajundisneyfreak
01-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Here's the info on the church that is nearest to DisneyWorld.It is:Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine 8300 Vineland Avenue Orlando,Fl.32821 You can call them at 407-239-6600.We went there for Ash Wednesday last year.It is very close.Can't say how much it cost to get there by cab cause we had our car.Maybe you could call that number to see if they have any suggestions on transportation or ask at your hotel.I hope this info helps and I hope ya'll have a magical time at Disney.:mickey:

phlo8810
01-14-2011, 06:36 PM
thanks I will pass it on.

KODABEAR
01-17-2011, 05:10 PM
It's a very beautiful church, many sevices on Saturday and Sunday. Easy to get to from WDW :knit::flag:WDW.

MyDisneyworld
01-18-2011, 11:45 AM
We go to this church on our trips to Disney as well and love it. We normally bring our own car so not sure of the transportation costs. I do remember seeing the lynx system running around the Disney resort area but I don't think they have a direct route to the church which is right next to one of the outlet centers. There is also the itrolley so maybe a combination of the 2 would get you there. Probably would take awhile to get where your going so cab would be best option. Resort should know the best and cheapest way.

Momto3littlemice
01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
My parents have attended Mary Queen of the Universe and recalled having a long commute via public transport. Make sure he leaves plenty of time (I think they went on a Sat night and perhaps took a shuttle or something).

Makes me wish they still had mass at the Poly. We did that one year and it was great! This year we will be heading to St. Faustina which is close to our rental home.:mickey:

MyDisneyworld
01-19-2011, 10:59 AM
We use to do the poly a long time ago which was so nice. Being outdoors in such a nice settings really made it special. And it was always packed which really surprised us.

AndrewJackson
01-20-2011, 04:14 PM
We use to go to Mary, Queen of the Universe, when they stopped the Mass at the Poly. A few years ago, we started going to Corpus Christi Parish in Celebration. They use to celebrate Mass at Celebration HS cafeteria, but recently opened their own beautiful church. It is located at 1050 Celbration Avenue, Celebration FL.

Daily Mass - 9:00 AM
Weekend Mass - 5:30 PM Saturday, 8:30 AM, 10:30 AM, and 5:30 PM Sunday.

Last year we went on Saturday night Mass, then went to the Celebration Tavern for dinner. It was a very nice evening.

MyDisneyworld
01-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the info on the one in Celebration we may check that one out in October.