PDA

View Full Version : All 4 parks?

Marcya23
01-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Hello, All! New around here.
We just booked our first family trip to WDW. Both DH and I have been when we were young, but it has been many (many) moons ago.

We will be going the 2nd week of May and staying at WL. My question is that we will be going with our 4 yr old son and an 8 month old. 5 nights and 6 days... So basically 4 full days to go to the parks. Is it too ambitious to go to all 4 parks (a different one each day)? I know there are things at each that we will all want to see/do. But I don't want to over do it, either. Or should I talk DH into adding one more day to the trip!?! :blush:

Btw, I should mention that my son is very tall and brave for his age (at age 3 rode upside down rides at Six Flags). So thrill rides are a must.

sainter
01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
First of all, may I have the honor of being the first to say :welcome: to Intercot!! It is a friendly and very helpful place!

I would also say that I think a day right in the middle of your vacation to rest, hang out at the pool ect. can be a real advantage. 4 straight days of parks can be A LOT! The heat can be extremely draining too! Start buttering up that hubby for one more day... :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
01-14-2011, 07:35 PM
:welcome:

For our family, early May is the perfect time to go. We have a had great weather (warm enough to enjoy but not too hot to be uncomfortable all day) and low crowds! :mickey: The kids in our family are much older than yours, but we are ambitious and try to get all the parks in each trip. I have actually done all 4 parks in just 3 days, though this was exhausting. My suggestion would be take advantage of EMH, when the parks open early for guest staying on property. We typically get a lot done, because the crowds are less and the temps are cooler. This is also a time when you can fast past major attractions which essentially holds your place in line so you can enjoy the rest of the park and then you return for during your designated time frame. This could allow your son to ride some of the bigger rides that may have a longer wait. After lunchtime, I would suggest heading back to the resort to rest up and then maybe go back to a park or different resort for dinner and the evening hours. The break mid-day helps keep everyone stay rested and perhaps your son can enjoy the pool and the resort. So, basically I would say no, all 4 parks in 4 days is not too ambitious but don't push yourself. You are on vacation and there is always next trip. I'm always up for adding more days though, so if you want to talk to your DH about that, go for it! Happy planning!

:minnie:

Disney4us2
01-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Welcome to Intercot.:thumbsup:

I took my DD for the first time when she was 5. We were there for 6 nights 7days. We went to the parks each day. We did go back to the room for a mid day break since it was hot (July). After resting we went back to the parks. It seemed easier to us to rest in the middle of the day and freshen up vs. staying in the parks the whole day. We were also back to the room earlier so DD could do some night swimming.

I would opt for more park days with a mid day rest.

faline
01-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Disney World is very large and can be quite overwhelming. There's never enough time to do it all in one trip. You can certainly visit all four parks in the span of your visit but you should concentrate on doing those things that are most important to your family as you simply can't do all of the attractions iin that amount of time.

As noted, having five full days including a down day works well as it gives your time in the middle of your trip to rest and recharge your batteries.

Plus, with two little children, you really can't expect to go from park opening to park closing without some down time.

If you can add another day without busting the budget, I'd suggest it. With or without the extra day, you still can't do it all so enjoy what you can and plan a follow up trip!

Marcya23
01-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Thank you all so much! (and it is nice to see another Marcy! :blush:). I think I am going to petition for one more day. Hubby said over dinner tonight to show him a cost point analysis for adding a day ( the attorney in him... You would think he is an accountant). But I think I can plead my case. Especially since traveling with the baby.

I can't wait. I think I am more excited than our 4 yr old!

Thanks again!

mook3y
01-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Thank you all so much! (and it is nice to see another Marcy! :blush:). I think I am going to petition for one more day. Hubby said over dinner tonight to show him a cost point analysis for adding a day ( the attorney in him... You would think he is an accountant). But I think I can plead my case. Especially since traveling with the baby.

I can't wait. I think I am more excited than our 4 yr old!

Thanks again!

after paying for the initial 4 days of tickets, it comes out to $15 per day for tickets for any additional days you stay.... thats $15 for all of you, not each.

tell him 4 days is the tipping point. ;) might as well stay at least 6 nights :D

Then you can take a break in the middle of the day to allow your little ones a power nap, or enjoy the pool at WL and return refreshed for an afternoon/evening of fun!

:welcome:

mook3y
01-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Here is a chart to assist with persuading your DH to stay a bit longer - this shows the average cost per day based on number of days tickets are purchased for.

# of Days-------Average Price per day
------------------Adult--------Child
1 Day Ticket $82.00/day $74.00/day
2 Day Ticket $81.00/day $73.00/day
3 Day Ticket $74.67/day $67.33/day
4 Day Ticket $58.00/day $52.25/day
5 Day Ticket $47.40/day $42.80/day
6 Day Ticket $40.33/day $36.50/day
7 Day Ticket $35.29/day $32.00/day
8 Day Ticket $31.50/day $28.63/day
9 Day Ticket $28.56/day $26.00/day
10 Day Ticket $26.20/day $23.90/day

kemps@wdw
01-14-2011, 11:02 PM
You're staying on property and @ the WL, which is the closest to MK, which is where you'll probably be spending most of your time. That'll allow you to take mid-day breaks or retreat back to your resort in the event of a meltdown. You'll definitely want to take advantage of that option. A little pool action or a power nap for the little ones can be a wonderful regenerator. Even us older folks enjoy a little down time. And that also allows for doing one park in the AM and maybe a different park in the afternoon/evening. If done properly, you can cover all parks w/little or no stress without having to add a day.

Marcya23
01-15-2011, 03:01 AM
That is a good point about the ticket price. he drops $15 at Starbucks. I have already booked our flights, but luckily we are flying SW. I will call tomorrow and check, but there might not be a difference in rates. And surely it won't be too hard to add one more day to our "package?"

mook3y
01-15-2011, 11:09 AM
That is a good point about the ticket price. he drops $15 at Starbucks. I have already booked our flights, but luckily we are flying SW. I will call tomorrow and check, but there might not be a difference in rates. And surely it won't be too hard to add one more day to our "package?"

I would recommend you contact Magical Journey's - they are a sponsor of this site - and have your reservation transferred to them. There is no difference in the price you pay and in fact, if there is any discount out there, they will find it for you. For me, I highly recommend Wendy, but everyone here will recommend their own Magical Journey's Rep.

After you get it switched over to them, you can just have a quick phone call with them and they will take care of all the details for you.

Also - they have LOTS of great insight into vacations at WDW with small children.

For my family, we always go for 7 nights or longer. In fact we prefer over 10 nights so that we can have 1 full day to just relax at the resort.

Also, be assured that you will not run out of things to do. We have taken 4 trips in the past 6 years - 8 nights, 11 nights, 13 nights and 7 nights. We still have not seen all of the attractions.

As mentioned before, on a longer trip, you can also take the time out to go back to your resort for a break during the day.

Our kids are now 8,6 & 1. All but a couple of days in all of our vacations, we go back to the resort during the middle of the day to relax - let the kids nap, cool off in the pool, etc. For us, it lets us come home feeling like we had a more relaxing vacation.

Private message me and I would be more than happy to give you Wendy's contact information.

Your going to Disneyworld! WOOT :thumbsup: