PDA

View Full Version : What is your "spot"?

Lightning McQueen
01-14-2011, 12:33 PM
I've always been jealous of my little brother because he and mom have their own special "spot" in tomorrowland where they would used to sit and eat chips together while I rode astrology orbiters with my older brother and dad. They talk about it still as their "spot".

Does anyone else have a special place like that?

Suzi Q
01-14-2011, 03:29 PM
is in the Magic Kingdom - the eating area between main street and tomorrowland, next to the water, sitting at a table with a yellow and white striped umbrella. I have a beautiful pic of the castle from that perspective as my background on my computer so i can look at it every day!

Sylvia
01-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Yes, several. My Mother and I had a favorite in each park. Although she passed away almost 9 years ago, they're still my favorites and I visit each one on every trip and think happy thoughts.

In MK - The lower level seating area at the end of Main Street on the right. Although it's now a designated smoking spot, I can always find a table away from the smokers to sit and daydream.

In EPCOT - At the Electric Umbrella, one of the tables across from the fountain. We always stopped there for a meal or a snack. It's still a favorite spot for a break.

In AK - Any bench a little off the beaten track - great for people-watching or listening to the sounds and remembering how much Mom enjoyed AK.

In DHS - On one of the benches along Sunset Blvd, across from one of the speakers. Mom always had to hear her favorite Big Band tune - Sing!Sing!Sing! Sometimes we got a bonus and the long version played; I was never allowed to speak during the song. I still sit on one of the benches in the evening, waiting to hear her favorite tune; once I do, it's the perfect end to a great day at DHS and it's time to go back to my resort.

cather74
01-14-2011, 04:37 PM
My family's spot is the little peninsula at the Polynesian and watching the fireworks. We grew up sitting on the grass and watching the beautiful fireworks. I guess other people caught on because they paved the grass and now I think it's called Sunset Point and people get married there. I always used to dream of watching the fireworks in that spot with my husband and that dream finally came true!:bride::fworks: And now we are having a :babyroll:!

Totodog
01-14-2011, 04:53 PM
My family's spot is the little peninsula at the Polynesian and watching the fireworks. We grew up sitting on the grass and watching the beautiful fireworks. I guess other people caught on because they paved the grass and now I think it's called Sunset Point and people get married there. I always used to dream of watching the fireworks in that spot with my husband and that dream finally came true!:bride::fworks: And now we are having a :babyroll:!

That would be my spot as well, precisely because that IS where I got married!

slegrant
01-14-2011, 04:54 PM
My family and I love watching the fireworks from the beach at Fort Wilderness. My wife and I love sitting by the windows of the Outer Rim in the Contemporary with a glass of wine!

chefmickey3
01-14-2011, 06:00 PM
I love the rocking chairs in Liberty Square in MK. I feel so jealous if someone else is in my spot!

Gator
01-14-2011, 07:12 PM
I love the rocking chairs in Liberty Square in MK. I feel so jealous if someone else is in my spot!

That's exactly why I'm not telling my spot. I've already seen it mentioned on the boards several times in the last few day, and I just want to say "sshhhhh".

bob6572
01-15-2011, 11:06 AM
At DD, next to the Pooh Bear store, there is a plastic wooden log with Pooh and his friends. We took a pic of my son when he was 2 sitting on it. We know have 6 different pics on the same log, now with 3 kids. Always make sure we take that pic whenever we go.

Daisy'sMom
01-15-2011, 12:27 PM

You guys have my permission to use MY spot when I am not there. However, remember, it is MINE and you must remove yourselves from MY rockers when I am there.:mickey:

Dsnygirl
01-15-2011, 10:19 PM
For me at MK, there is this one spot when I am climbing through SFRT'house where, when I look to the left, I can see the castle and Space Mtn through the "moss" that grows on the tree. I have to get a picture of it every time, and for some reason, it thrills me. Every time. ;)

At Epcot, it is wherever I am watching Illuminations...

DHS?? Hmmm... waiting in line at ToT, right as we're turning to go into the building.... love it. :thumbsup:

And AK.... I love the little picnic areas along the river, where you can sit and relax and see the Tree of Life... and wherever I can hear the steel drum band. Mmmm.

Zawadi
01-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Ours is when we're sitting at the tables in front of Beaches and Cream enjoying a cup of mint choc-chip ice cream taking advantage of the shade and simply watching the world go by in Stormalong Bay. It's one of the few times that we actually stop during our holidays (we usually return to work for a rest.)

JabberJaws
01-17-2011, 10:21 AM
This doesn't really qualify as a "spot" per se, but for me it has always been the Polynesian Resort. That is where my family and I always stayed when I was a kid, and of course now my wife and I never stay there b/c it is so expensive. But every trip I insist on resort hopping to the Poly just for the trip down memory lane, and the nostalgia always hits me the second I walk in the lobby. I was always so insanely excited during those trips when we stayed there when I was a kid, so it really hits home to visit there.

bertasso59
01-17-2011, 06:29 PM
On a bench at the UK pavillion.I once sat here and sketched the telephone kiosk the year EPCOT opened and think about that everytime I pass it.:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
01-18-2011, 10:34 AM
I have a special spot/ride with my oldest son. When he was a baby and toddler I always sang zippa de doo da to him, almost every single morning while getting ready for our day. It was "our song". The first time he rode Splash Mountain it was just he and I. DH had gone back to the room with our cranky younger son. While on the ride he said "mom this is our song". So right then and there we promised that we'd always ride "our ride" together. And to this day I've only ever ridden it with him.

Now I feel I really need to find a "spot" that my younger son and I can call our own.

We also have a family spot. Ever since my kids were 2 years old, and 9 months old we've been going to WDW and watching Wishes from the beach at the Poly after dinner at Ohana's. Just this past June DH and I were sitting on lounge chairs as DSs played in the sand and watched Wishes and the water parade. Our kids are now 10 and 8. As we sat there I couldn't help thinking of all the amazing memories we've had in WDW over the years. DH and I talked about how many times over the years we've sat on that very same beach, while the boys played in the sand and watched the fireworks and parade. Its one of those special little things we do in WDW, its a part of WDW my kids will always remember because for as far back as they can remember we did this on our trips. So I'd say that's definitely "our spot"!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Strangely enough its in my least favorite park, DHS...as you enter and go down to where the park V's...there is a spot there with benches, my mom and I got coffees once and sat there and people watched while my sister and son rode RnRC...it is still one of my favorite moments at the world

Laughin' place
01-18-2011, 01:16 PM
My "traditional" spot with my sons over the years would probably be the bus stop at FtW on our loop, or the beach at FtW where we sit to watch the water pageant at night.
New tradition for my wife and I would be the upper level of the Railroad station, looking down Main St, right before our first ride of the trip.
"Attention all passengers..."

Septbride2002
01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
What a great thread! :mickey:

I have several "spots" in Disney.

Magic Kingdom - I have to eat at Caseys at one of the tables with the umbrellas and castle gaze. I love it here.

Epcot - We always seem to sit on a bench in the French Pavillon after getting a yummy snack (most of my spots revolve around food) and people watch.

The Boardwalk Resort - I love to sit on the boardwalk in the morning with a cup of coffee. Now that my daughter is getting older she joins me at the table with some milk.

Polynesian - the hammocks!

~Amanda

MinnieMe23
01-18-2011, 04:25 PM
One of my favorite spots to be is by Splash Mountain. There's a spot that my dad and I go and spend time there, watching all the people laughing after the big drop on Splash Mountain. It's a great place to be.

Darbylew
01-18-2011, 04:29 PM
We have our favorite spots as well. At MK it is
a bench right by the castle next to a wall and
close to the Tinker Bell shop. At DS it is on a
bench across from The Little Mermaid show and One Man's Dream. Epcot it is along the walkway across from America and the funnel
place. AK is at the Flame Tree down among the
trees along the river.
BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MARCH. :mickey::D:D

kemps@wdw
01-20-2011, 11:42 PM
one of our faves...@ Epcot, in the UK, back in the garden. Relaxing on a bench w/a cold one getting our Beatles fix w/the British Invasion. :thumbsup:
Or in MK, @ the PLaza Ice Cream Shop, doin a little people watching while enjoying our fave ice cream. :thumbsup:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
01-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Biergarten. I do one beer and one brat in honor of my grandfather who passed over 20 years ago. One of the many things i remember is that he always made me sit there and listen to the Oooompa bands while he took his time drinking some suds. Now that I'm older, I make my kids sit there while I tip a tall one and they want to just go on the rides.

Ksmith75
01-21-2011, 01:22 PM
In DHS - the streets of america and by the muppets. after we hit toy story mania - we go there to wait for our fast pass - and there is literally no one there but my DH and me...it is great!

Mousemates
01-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Columbia Harbor House - top floor - window seat looking out towards fantasy land side...my wife and I eat there once each trip.

SandmanGStefani24
01-23-2011, 02:18 PM
funny as it sounds I don't have a "spot". i always end up doing things a little different each time. Still there's one place I have eaten at that is close to a "spot" for me.

I love eating at the Fish and Chips stand in the UK, but I can never find a place to sit and eat. So, I usually just walk around the back to the lakeside and eat while looking out over the water. Nice spot to sit and snack. I'd tell you to try it but then where would I eat my fish and chips? :D

syndrome
01-23-2011, 04:13 PM
What a great thread! My DS and I have a spot in each park:
MK: anywhere in Pecos Bills
Epcot: at one of the benches in front of the American Experience
DHS: there is a churro cart just off of the 'hat' and we grab a churro and do some people watching as we enjoy a snack
AK: along the water in the Asia section

johnO
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
We always seem to eat at Peco's Bills and sit in the farthest room toward the back, near the walkway into El Perico y El Pirata.

We love the Dolewhips in adventureland and usually sit right by SFTH.

Epcot, I usually get a cold one in Germany (not just Germany;)) and sit along the lagoon and enjoy.

AK, we love the queue on EE

DHS, 50's Prime Time

grumpypima
01-23-2011, 04:32 PM
This may be a little off topic but my Mom sang the same song to us every morning too!

When he was a baby and toddler I always sang zippa de doo da to him, almost every single morning while getting ready for our day.

Mitzie
01-30-2011, 07:50 PM
DH and I put our heads together for our list. For him it is the Jungle trek where he can stop and watch the tigers. For me, it is the International gateway coming into Epcot-my favorite park. I love seeing the morning sun coming up over the French pavilion. DH and DD always like to stand at the base of Walt and Mickey in MK for the fireworks. They got 'stuck' there once for the Halloween fireworks and now that is where we always have to stand.