PDA

View Full Version : Questions about booking trip with AP?

laprana
01-14-2011, 10:24 AM
My sister will be traveling to WDW next October for a work conference and I'm thinking about joining her on the trip. We both have APs and are hoping to be able to get an AP discount for the rooms. We're also DVC members and have never booked a regular hotel room using an AP before, so this is all new to me! (We're not planning on using our DVC points for the trip.) I'm hoping some of my fellow Intercotees can help me with a few questions! Here they are:

1) If AP discounts are released for next October (I know there's no guarantee, but :fingers:), how many rooms can we book with our APs? (There might be a few other people coming along, too.)

2) I know I've read on the AP website that AP holders can purchase the dining plan...If we do purchase the dining plan, can we still get the AP discount on the room, or does the reservation have to be room-only in order to get the room discount?

3) If we do have others traveling with us and they do not have APs, can we make one reservation that will include our rooms and dining plan but no tickets, plus book rooms for the others with dining plan and park tickets? Or would we have to make 2 separate reservations?

Sorry if any of those are confusing...I'm a little confused myself on all of this! :blush: Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

LVT
01-14-2011, 01:20 PM
I thought it was 1 room per AP. I looked into it because I wanted 2 rooms.

KylesMom
01-14-2011, 01:42 PM
It is indeed one discounted room - they took out multiples a few years back.

As far as adding the dining plan and still being able to receive A/P room only discounts, yes you can. It changes from a room only A/P to an A/P Package with Dining. As an aside, have you considered the Tables in Wonderland discount card that you're eligible for in lieu of the Dining Plan?

Lastly, since you can only reserve one room with your A/P, the secondary room would be a whole 'nother reservation.

Daisy'sMom
01-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Hmmm, I got AP discounts on three rooms in November. And we had purchased the DP. Was not a problem.

Checkers
01-14-2011, 08:20 PM
My sister will be traveling to WDW next October for a work conference and I'm thinking about joining her on the trip. We both have APs and are hoping to be able to get an AP discount for the rooms. We're also DVC members and have never booked a regular hotel room using an AP before, so this is all new to me! (We're not planning on using our DVC points for the trip.) I'm hoping some of my fellow Intercotees can help me with a few questions! Here they are:

1) If AP discounts are released for next October (I know there's no guarantee, but :fingers:), how many rooms can we book with our APs? (There might be a few other people coming along, too.)

2) I know I've read on the AP website that AP holders can purchase the dining plan...If we do purchase the dining plan, can we still get the AP discount on the room, or does the reservation have to be room-only in order to get the room discount?

3) If we do have others traveling with us and they do not have APs, can we make one reservation that will include our rooms and dining plan but no tickets, plus book rooms for the others with dining plan and park tickets? Or would we have to make 2 separate reservations?

Sorry if any of those are confusing...I'm a little confused myself on all of this! :blush: Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Since you indicated you both have APs, I believe you can each reserve a room. I think at one time it was 2 rooms per AP but not sure if that is still the case. Don't know for sure about your other questions.

When you make your decision, you might want to hand it over to Magical Journeys and they can get you the best rate, etc. They do a great job.

laprana
01-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the info, everyone! :thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
01-19-2011, 09:11 AM
I was just booking some rooms with AP discounts, and the CM told me it's 3 rooms per AP. We booked 3!:mickey:

KylesMom
01-20-2011, 09:38 AM
I was just booking some rooms with AP discounts, and the CM told me it's 3 rooms per AP. We booked 3! That's great - they must have changed policy again. It was originally 3, then they reduced it to one a while back. With the perks they've reduced for A/P holders, I'm glad to see something be expanded! :mickey: