PDA

View Full Version : WWYD Beach or Yacht Club

javamama
01-13-2011, 10:27 PM
club level rooms if you had to pick one? IF you have stayed there what types of foods do they offer? (this years trip is making me triple guess myself ...I need to stay off the internet:(
TIA

jonahbear2006
01-14-2011, 03:14 AM
we have stayed beach club concierge level twice and love it! I havent stayed in yacht club but yacht side just seems so stuffy to me. The decor is just too stiff for me. I really love the beach club and concierge was amazing. We asked for chocolate milks for the kids the 2nd time around and the concierge brought us back 4 gallons of milk, when we really meant 4 small nesquik drinks, lol. They are very accommodating. We also got thinsulator tippy cups for our small kiddos and swim diapers. What sort of things do they have to eat? In the morning they have cereals, breads, danishes, donuts, oatmeal, fruit. Lunch they have uncrustables, fruit, cookies, brownies, hor derves, soda, snacks like chex mix, m&ms. Dinner they have meatballs, wontons, chicken wraps, soup, that sort of thing. then, my favorite time, late night desserts. They have all sorts of tiny pastries; cheesecakes, tarts, cakes, and kid type stuff like cookies, brownies, bread pudding. they also serve alcohol and bottled water. They sent us some large bottles of evian back to the room, which was very nice to have. They told us if they dont have it out, ask. They can get you anything you want and if they dont have it, they will go get it for you. I love concierge. Unfortunately, we cannot afford to stay in there. We were upgraded as family of the day both times. Enjoy your stay! I am sure no matter which you choose, you will gain 4 lbs and love absolutely ever minute of it!

Melanie
01-14-2011, 04:12 AM
I've stayed in both, and definitely Yacht Club for me. Loved it!

jmj18
01-14-2011, 08:52 AM
I just stayed Yacht Club... club level in April...sad to say, I was not impressed. I much prefer the POLY!

However, I LOVED the grounds and the kids LOVED the pool.

Have fun!

:mickey:

wdwluv
01-14-2011, 09:12 AM
WAHOO jonahbear2006!!! Upgraded to that!!! That would ruin me for all other stays!! LOL Jealous, jealous, jealous!!!

Someday I hope we are in the position to afford stays like that - we never have - is that food included in your resort cost? Or is it just like, a special restaurant/extra service that you pay for. Like if they bring you that milk, it's added to your bill. ????

pox24
01-14-2011, 09:49 AM
I prefer the Yacht Club simply for the peace and quiet. The BC can be a little loud simply because its more family friendly. I like the decor and rooms much better at the Yacht Club as well. Some suggest the YC is a little stuffy but no more than the GF. They are both great places to stay. My DW and I have had the good fortune to stay at both 3 times and prefer the YC, especially their Club Level.:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
01-14-2011, 10:59 AM
We stayed BC CL last year and LOVED it. The Yacht Club and Beach Club differences are almost 100% cosmetic (although, the YC has full balconies in all rooms). DH and I are very laid back kind of people, so the BC was a great fit for us. DH said, about the YC, "I feel like I need to wear a jacket and tie over there." Obviously, that's not true, but it does feel that way. It's fairly formal feeling, whereas the BC is just light and airy and very casual feeling, like a big beach house.

We could not have been more pleased by the CL at the BC. Just great from start to finish. Don't do it just for the food...although, we found it to be quite good and plentiful (we saved a LOT of money on meals out because we were never really hungry since we made full use of the CL lounge offerings as snacks throughout the day).

We liked having a "private" floor, dedicated space outside our room to hang out/unwind in, a helpful staff who bent over backwards for us, a quick check in/check out process, etc.