PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass Offer Pre-Trip

chefmickey3
01-13-2011, 08:48 PM
I received a letter in the mail today with a PhotoPass Card. The gist is we know you are visiting soon and then information about PhotoPass. If I register the card before we leave, there are special offers. Anyone else receive this mailing? We have been as recently as this past summer and this was new to us. Always fun to get Disney mail!

DizneyRox
01-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Don't register the card before you leave...

Registration of the card will start the 30 day countdown as soon as the pictures are taken.

What we did was checked our photopass pictures in the hotel lobby each day manually. Then when our trip was over, we settled in back home, THEN registered the card with our photopass account. This starts thed 30 day copuntdown that you have to make edits to the pictures, etc. For a short wekend trip, this might not be important, but we had a 10+ day trip with over 500 pictures, and needed all the time we could get.

Just my suggestion though... When I did it, registration of the card wasn't required. If it is currently, I would maybe do it, then have your pictures taken and put on a DIFFERENT card, then add that to your Photopass account when you're ready to start the 30 day timer.

Disney4us2
01-13-2011, 09:11 PM
I got that for our December trip. I registered the card. I got the photopass CD for $99.00(+shipping). Once I got home, I went to the site and entered the card code and my 30 days count down started then. I did it on 12/11/10 and I got notice that it expires on 1/11/11. If I didn't register the card for the CD offer, I would have paid $149.00 for the photo CD.

forever a child
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM
I got the same thing before our dec trip. I just used the link for the $99 discount prebuy....someone from another board sent me the link. I didn't register that card. I just registered my card when I returned. I wouldn't do it.