PDA

View Full Version : Can Princesses/Characters Hold Child?

magicman
01-13-2011, 02:51 PM
My 3 year old daughter is so excited to eat at Akershus and meet princesses.

She keeps mentioning that she wants to get a picture being held by a princess. In this sad day and age of litigation & liability:judge:, I wondered if a princess is allowed to hold a pre-schooler?

Any thoughts? (I'd like to tone down her expectations if they can't hold her.)

Thanks!:wave:

WishingStar2006
01-13-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't know the answer to this specific question but I do know that they can hug...perhaps that should be the expectation. Have a magical time!

Greenlawler
01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
I believe they can hold them on their knees at least, although it has to be intiated by the princess, and the few times this has happened with us it was always during a meet n greet at Toon Town in a more controlled enviroment.
I seem to recall some characters saying that they are not supposed to. But we do have several pics with the boys on laps.

mook3y
01-13-2011, 03:42 PM
we have lots of amazing pictures of our kids with the characters hugging them. They get down to their level, so it isn't like they are standing at the character's knee's in the photo.

A photography tip: get down to their level to take the picture. Don't shoot the picture looking down at them. They turn out WAY better this way.

joanna71985
01-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Technically the characters are not allowed to hold children

Greenlawler
01-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Technically the characters are not allowed to hold children

The key word here being "technically" :mickey: Pictures don't lie, I am looking at one right now in my office of our youngest sitting on Cinderella's knee.

Disney4us2
01-14-2011, 08:17 PM
If they won't hold her. Could you have her stand on a chair to bring her up higher. Just an idea.

joanna71985
01-14-2011, 09:08 PM
The key word here being "technically" :mickey: Pictures don't lie, I am looking at one right now in my office of our youngest sitting on Cinderella's knee.

Well, it obviously depends on the performer (and there will be some that will). But from my experiences, the majority won't