PDA

View Full Version : Will free dining return????

Chernabog1326
01-13-2011, 12:24 PM
I missed the dining promotion that ended in December. I ran the numbers with the current promo, and it just can't compare to the savings that come with free dining. I know the current special runs out in March. Does any one think that free dining at the end of August will make a comeback?

GottaLvDisney
01-13-2011, 02:39 PM
I think that all depends on how many people took advantage of it earlier. If they booked enough rooms, no need to offer the promo again.

I missed out on it as well b/c DH was dragging his feet about booking :(. Now that he decided it's a go for our September trip, the other discounts weren't enough to convince him to stay on property (he's determined to try it both ways). I'm crossing fingers (but not exactly expecting) that they'll open it up again later bc that's the only way I'm getting him to change his mind.

dyin tago
01-13-2011, 02:55 PM
I called awhile back to make a change of departure date for our trip in september and the person helping me had a hard time adding a day. she commented on how huge the response was this year.
that makes it sound unlikely for a repeat of the free dining but I`m no expert .:mickey:

disneymomma2010
01-13-2011, 05:34 PM
i couldnt imagine going without it! Im thinking about going this october and i have my fingers crossed that they will do it again. For us its one of the funnest things to go to the tableservices and we couldnt go if it wasnt for free dining. i dont think they will announce any for the fall until summer, around june or july, thats when they did last year.

gigglepotz
01-14-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm wondering the same thing and I have more questions....
Question #1...If I already have my vacation package bought and I don't go til Dec 1st to 11th...and the free dining is made available will they reimburse me for the dining I've already bought?
Question #2... If I'm still paying on my vacation package will they adjust it to free dining instead of me having to pay for it?

KylesMom
01-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm wondering the same thing and I have more questions....
Question #1...If I already have my vacation package bought and I don't go til Dec 1st to 11th...and the free dining is made available will they reimburse me for the dining I've already bought?
Question #2... If I'm still paying on my vacation package will they adjust it to free dining instead of me having to pay for it?

Let's start with Question #2 first. No, Disney will not automatically change your package over to the free dining promotion. You would need to call Disney & see if there were rooms available for your specific resort during the specified free dining time. If there are, you would then ask to change your package.

Question #1 = I believe you would be reimbursed upon completion of your meal when you pay with dining credits - not positive how this is accomplished, however. There's currently another question on the boards regarding this very thing!

By the way, welcome to INTERCOT!