PDA

View Full Version : Ohana's vs Cape May Cafe: Which would you choose

fabfundisney
01-12-2011, 02:36 PM
There's availabilty for my party of 18(to include 11 kids under 14) at both Ohana and Cape May Cafe for a late dinner. I must choose one or the other.I've been to Ohana's before and had a blast to include watching the fireworks but I heard Cape May was good as well. We like seafood especially crablegs but love the cuisine of Ohana's:thumbsup:. If you had to choose, what would it be?

crltkcagle
01-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Ohana's!!! :thumbsup:

KylesMom
01-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Wow - this is really a tough one. Both are on our current dining rotation & I don't know which one I'd give up!

I think if you were to have more adults than kids, I'd offer up Cape May. However, since your party includes more kids than adults, perhaps the entertainment at Ohana might provide for a livelier dinner where the kids can openly participate in the games, limbo, etcetera.

Either way, you can't go wrong! :papple:

floridamom
01-12-2011, 04:10 PM
We have been to both with a party of 9, 4 adults and 5 kids. The entertainment at Ohana is a lot of fun with a group, and it's great that they bring the food to your table. My concern about Cape May would be 18 people all getting up and down from the table at different times for the buffet. IMHO, it wouldn't be the same feeling of "togetherness" at the meal.

pox24
01-12-2011, 04:29 PM
No contest... Cape May. O'hanas has lost its luster, sadly.

lovin'fl
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
We love both, but I'd have to go with Ohana'. I agree with pp, 18 people at a buffet would be tough and Cape may is a busy/crowded buffet.

Kaps
01-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Kids i would go to Ohana's Cape may is geared towards adults.

chefmickey3
01-14-2011, 06:04 PM
We love both of these restaurants. I like the food at Cape May Cafe slightly better but agree with pp. With a large crowd, Ohana will be a lot of fun and easier (not getting up and down). Lots of fun things for the kids to do - my DS 9,7,4 love it at O'Hana.

ThanxForNoticin
01-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Both excellent choices. 'Ohana would definitely be our choice for the food, atmosphere, and entertainment. But Cape May's not a bad alternative! Have fun....

phlo8810
01-14-2011, 06:41 PM
I like em both. But I will say this. At Cape MAy the one time we had dinner there the clams were extremely sandy. I didnt care much for the other food either. Ive had breakfast there a million times and love it. Could have been an off night when we had dinner there. Will also agree that ohana has lost its luster in the last few years.

Jpxv
01-15-2011, 11:37 AM
'Ohana by far especially with young children. If you can make your reservation at the right time you might be able to watch the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom as well

CaptSmee
01-15-2011, 03:56 PM
100% Ohana :cloud9:

tinkerbellfan246
01-15-2011, 04:03 PM
I love both.. but I would definitely have to go with Ohana's!! :cloud9:

KennyandKim
01-16-2011, 02:53 PM
We did Ohana's on our last trip. My daughter loves Stitch and that was our reason for doing it. The food was ok. We aren't real adventurous eaters though. We are going back this year for breakfast but we are trying Cape May. I try to go to at least one new restaurant each time. I hope we aren't disappointed. We are the steak and potato kind of people nothing fancy