PDA

View Full Version : I've done this before, but can't remember how

princessjojo
01-11-2011, 10:42 PM
I've booked all of our dinner reservations for our June trip. But we have in the mix, 2-2TS reservations made. Those ADR's required a pre-payment. We are also going to utilize the DDP. How do I get that amount credited back to my card so I don't pay for them twice, once with my card and once with the dining plan?

We did this on our last trip, but I, for the life of me, can't remember what I had to do.

Cinderelley
01-12-2011, 02:00 AM
If I remember correctly, they don't actually charge your card until you eat there.

mook3y
01-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Correct, they just take the card number to guarantee your reservation. Nothing is charged to your card - unless you don't cancel and are a no show.

princessjojo
01-12-2011, 01:18 PM
That's what I thought as well, but they charged my credit card a whopping $251!!!

faline
01-12-2011, 01:22 PM
That's what I thought as well, but they charged my credit card a whopping $251!!!

Do you know what dining reservation that was for? I seem to recall we had to pay something before arrival when we last dined at Cinderella's Royal Table. It wasn't that much but there were only 2 of us - not sure how many in your party.

princessjojo
01-12-2011, 01:33 PM
It was for our ADR for Hoop-Dee-Do for 4ppl.. Either way, it's fine since it does push us over the limit of ADR's for our vacation. But I'd rather pay OOP for someplace like Sci-Fi, but at least it's paid for at this point.

faline
01-12-2011, 02:47 PM
I seem to recall that one does need to be paid in full at time of booking.

eandrsmom
01-16-2011, 05:31 PM
We are in the same boat. I was charged over $200 on my credit card for breakfast at CRT for our upcoming trip. Since I've already paid for the meal, I don't want it deducted from our dining plan. I think that if you want it charged to the dining plan, they'll refund the amount they charged to your credit card.