PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Family Dining on Cruise

ajg119
01-11-2011, 10:11 AM
We are scheduled for a 4 night cruise in April. With a 4 night cruise I believe we will be scheduled for one of the three family dining restaurants twice.

Is there away way of knowing in advance which restaurant we will be scheduled for twice and more importantly which nights?

We would like to book one of the adult restaurants, but don’t want to miss any of the family restaurants

THANKS

jodijo
01-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't know if you can find out your dinning rotation early, sorry. However, my experience has been that the restaurant you have on the 1st night is the one you repeat on the 4th night. I would book an adult night for the last night. That way you hit all of the restaurants and don't miss anything.

Hope that helps!

Scar
01-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Hmmm... I seem to remember the second night repeating the third night, but I could be wrong. Definitely did not know what restaurants on what days until after boarding.

TammiMcMan
01-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Had the same experience our on 4 night, the 2nd and 3rd night were in the same restuarant. The 3rd night would be the Pirates party night and all the "family" restaurants share the same menu.

As others have stated, you will not know your dining rotation until you board. You can take a chance with the 2nd or 3rd night and if you have to, try to change it once you board the ship. You could also skip dinner in Palo and just book the brunch, which is pretty fantastic too.

tinkman
01-19-2011, 12:13 PM
We took a chance and booked Palo's for our third night on a 3-night cruise and didn't want to miss out on Animators Palate or Tritons. Didn't really like Parrot Cay the first time. We got lucky. We had AP 1st night, Tritons 2nd night. As far as I know, there is no way of knowing the schedule ahead of time.

TracyL
01-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Here's the secret: Triton's and Parrot Cay are nice, but Animator's Palate is unique because of the show. That's the one you definitely don't want to miss. But the key thing is this: All three restaurants serve the same menu on the last night, and AP doesn't do its show on the last night. So the last night is the right night to do Palo.

(Unless, of course, you cannot bear to miss the Baked Alaska.) :rotfl:

TammiMcMan
01-22-2011, 08:19 PM
But the key thing is this: All three restaurants serve the same menu on the last night, and AP doesn't do its show on the last night. So the last night is the right night to do Palo.Tracy, which cruise were you on? If it was the 4 night, does that mean they are now doing Pirate night on the last night?

TracyL
01-24-2011, 09:02 AM
No - pirate night was the third night of our 4-night cruise. And the restaurants operated as normal that night.