PDA

View Full Version : All Star Family Suite

Zeike
01-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Hi, 3 adults, 3 kids (9, 4,4), we have never stayed here, any reccomendations? would the cabins at FW be better? Would trying for 2 connecting rooms worth given the try? probably going april 3-9th. Thanks for any advice.

Ed!:mickey:

magicofdisney
01-11-2011, 08:47 AM
We are a family of 6 (2A/4C). When my husband travels with us we always get 2 connecting rooms at a value. With this option you have 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs and 4 beds. This works best for us. The connecting room option has ALWAYS been the cheaper option.

The All Star suites give you 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs and one real bed but 3 pull-out beds. I cannot comment to the comfort of the pull-out beds because we've never used a suite. Additionally, you have the mini fridge and microwave in the suites.

The cabins are a HUGE favorite of many larger families because of the full kitchen. The separate bedroom is a bonus. However, you only have one bathroom in the cabins.

Basically, you must decide which features are more important for your family. None are bad options, but some are better than others depending on your needs. :mickey:

Zeike
01-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Getting connecting rooms would be better because that way we could stay at the Movies which the little ones would enjoy the more. Still what would be our chances of getting this request?. We expect to be mostly at the parks so the values sound a better bet than the cabins?.

Thanks

disneymom15
01-11-2011, 10:05 AM
We've requested connecting rooms several times and have always been assigned connecting rooms.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi, 3 adults, 3 kids (9, 4,4), we have never stayed here, any reccomendations? would the cabins at FW be better? Would trying for 2 connecting rooms worth given the try? probably going april 3-9th. Thanks for any advice.

Ed!:mickey:

Just in case you hadn't considered this, you do have one other option that might be cheaper than 2 rooms at a value. Port Orleans Riverside is the only moderate to accomodate a family of five. We were just there in December with 5, 3C ages 3-5-8. You get 2 double beds, 2 pedastal sinks, 1 bathroom/shower, a tv, mini fridge, wall safe and one of the beds comes with a pull out trundle. Especially if you are spending most of your time in the parks, this could be a very good option. Not sure if you are going down on free dining or not, but during our stay the moderates got the free DDP while the values only the free QS plan.

If you stayed at POR you would be in the Alligator Bayou section. We've stayed there twice, once without kids, so obviously we like it there.

PrettyMinnie
01-11-2011, 10:40 AM
We too found that 2 connecting rooms always works out to be cheaper than the family suit. It works out very well for our family of 6 with older kids. But since you have a family of 5, with a little bit younger kids I would check and see if one room at POR would be an even better choice financially. Just depends on what you are looking for at your resort!

GottaLvDisney
01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
We stayed in a suite during our last trip and although it was nice, we prefer having two connecting rooms. When traveling its DH, myself and our kids. The pull out beds were fine for the kids, but I'm not sure an adult or even older teen would enjoy them. I also liked having two entry points w/the connecting rooms so I didnt have to wake all the kids when I'd go to get coffee/do laundry early in the morning.

Having the living room space when the beds were folded was decent, but I'd still take the extra actual beds since we don't tend to spend a ton of time in the room. JMO - some may prefer the suites.

DisneyWFan
01-12-2011, 02:56 PM
I am a family of 6 also & have stayed both in connecting rooms & in the family suites there were positives & negatives to both.

I liked having the little kitchenette with small fridge & microwave in the family suites.(I know you can pay for a fridge in the reg room but they are a bit smaller cube type)

But the connected rooms gave us 4 double beds as opposed to the 1 double bed & the chair(fits 1) ottoman(fits 1) & sofa( fits 2) that each opened into bed in the suites. The pull outs were fine for the younger kids but the bigger kids (teenagers) were as long as the beds.