PDA

View Full Version : Oregon's neon yellow

alphamommy
01-10-2011, 09:32 PM
I missed the beginning of the game tonight, so I don't know if this was explained or not.

What's up with the neon yellow that Oregon is wearing? Is there some reason for it?

Thanks!

John
01-10-2011, 10:20 PM
The ducks always have had unique uniforms. I didn't hear there being any significance - maybe just a fashion statement ;)

WDWfanatic742
01-10-2011, 10:45 PM
The neon yellow looks really good for the lettering on the helmet, it's just the socks that are horrible. If they would have gone silver maybe to match the helmet and done the shoes all yellow it would look better.

Nike has done special uniforms for some college teams this year. Oregon just decides to wear a new one each week and it's up to the university what to wear. Nike gets the uniform license for the NFL in 2012, so you could see something like these alternate uniforms there in the coming years.

If you want to get real technical (I checked online because I have no life :fresh:), the NFL does have a rule saying you can only have one alternate uniform a year and you can only wear them for two games a season. So it won't be that different from now.

giroux28
01-25-2011, 12:13 PM
The reason Oregon gets so many ridiculous uniforms and can wear a different one every week is because the owner of Nike is an Oregon alum and they are stationed in the same state. Guess it pays to have fans in high places.