PDA

View Full Version : POFQ in less than two weeks! need tips for which bldg, etc.

ewasilau
01-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi all!

We are super-excited to be embarking on our second trip to WDW in less than two weeks! We are staying at POFQ and I wanted to call and make a building request - which is the best one to stay in if you have little kids (ages almost 3, 4 and 1/2 and almost 7). We were thinking it would be good to be as close to the bus stop as possible, and, if possible, also close to the food court (but I think that's second priority).

Any other tips for a great stay? We only have 5 days/4 nights and will spend a lot of time at the parks, but what should we not miss at the resort?

Also, should we do online check-in or wait til we get there? We arrive via plane at about 1 pm and hope to head to a park shortly after ME drops us at POFQ.

Thanks!
:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
01-10-2011, 04:34 PM
One of the greatest things about this resort is that no room is in a bad location. The resort is so small and compact that even the furthest room is probably 5 minutes, at most, from anything at the resort. We were there in Oct. and were in building 5, facing the pool area. This building has a wonderful location. From our room door we could see the pool, hot tub, playground, laundry building, food court, and gift shop. The bus stop was also very close. I'd request this location again if we stay here on any future trips.

kakn7294
01-10-2011, 05:03 PM
No matter which building you are in, it's never a far walk to anywhere. My favorite building is 4 - bus stop is directly out front, building housing food court / gift shop is right next door, pool is a few minutes away. However, this resort is undergoing a refurb right now and I'm not sure what building they are in. I have heard that 6 and 7 are done - looks beautiful and those rooms now have queen beds. I'd request one of those - 7 is the furthest away but again, it's still really close.

forever a child
01-10-2011, 06:15 PM
However, this resort is undergoing a refurb right now and I'm not sure what building they are in. I have heard that 6 and 7 are done - looks beautiful and those rooms now have queen beds.

Port Orleans French Quarter buildings 6 and 7 now fully complete, building 4 is the next section to be refurbished which started in the New Year.

Granny Jill A
01-11-2011, 01:46 PM
I always request Building 4 because it's right next to the bus stop and a short hop to the food court.

It's also far enough from the pool that you don't get the noise :D

tnpoohbear
01-11-2011, 02:41 PM
We stayed at POFQ the week of march 15th - 2010 and we loved it there! We were in building #2 which was right next to the food court. We had stayed at POR before in the mansions and we like it but we loved the FQ! It is smaller and quaint. Loved the beignets, we got them everyday and I had to buy some when we left for DD to eat on the way home.:mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
01-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Stayed in newly refurbished building 6. 30 second walk to the main hall. Lovely.